Incubator to hot! Help

They are doing amazing!! The three "Muscovy's" have hatched today! Aha they are definitely not Muscovy's because they would be 7-8 days early! They are so amazing and sweet
2764.png
2764.png
and they all seem to be very happy AMD healthy!

I have two eggs left which are my two pekins. They have both pipped! And I hopefully will be meeting them both in the morning
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
I'm so so exited

Yea!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
They are adorable! They look like Khaki Campbell's to me (which are what I have and are my favorites). I am totally impressed that you made your own incubator and are having so much success. I just had a sad (30%) hatch with chickens in a store bought incubator so your success is even more impressive to me.

Last edited:

They are all 5 happy and healthy!! They have all definitely imprinted on me
2764.png

So the three look like Khaki Campbell's?? They are so Cute, and that would make most sense :)

Should I be giving them probiotocs and electrolytes in their water? I'm giving them non-medicated chick amd duck starter with 18% protein

They are all 5 happy and healthy!! They have all definitely imprinted on me
2764.png

So the three look like Khaki Campbell's?? They are so Cute, and that would make most sense
smile.png

Should I be giving them probiotocs and electrolytes in their water? I'm giving them non-medicated chick amd duck starter with 18% protein

Aw, sooo cute! I love the picture of all of them cuddling with you. The starter feed is great. Some people swear by the probiotics and electrolytes -I never bothered. You know electrolytes are just salts and they should be in the starter. You do need to be sure they get extra Niacin (they do not put enough in the starter). I give mine Brewer's yeast because you can't accidentally give them too much. You can buy Brewer's yeast or nutritional yeast (not bread yeast) at stores like Whole Foods or Sprouts. You just sprinkle a spoonful over their food. You can also buy capsules of Niacin in the vitamin aisle of some stores (but the no flush kind won't work) and put it in their water. Enjoy them!

Ooo I will go pick up brewers yeast today
How often should I give it to them?
Also any treats I could give them at 8 days old?

Ooo I will go pick up brewers yeast today
How often should I give it to them?
Also any treats I could give them at 8 days old?

I added the brewer's yeast every time I gave them their crumbles.
Little tiny pieces of grass and lettuce floated in their water will make them very happy but they will need some chick grit added to their food or in their cage to digest it. Or, one book I have suggests adding grass clumps, roots and all to the cage. That way they get a little of the dirt for grit. Soon, they can have thawed peas smashed and a small amount of crumbled dried mealworms. There is a post in ducks about treats, somewhere. I will see if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom