Incubator too small, should I tilt the eggs?

-Olive-

Songster
Jun 7, 2022
GB
Hi there so three days to go and I’ve turned all the eggs with the air cell upwards. Only thing is a couple of the larger eggs are touching the incubator lid! Should I tilt them slightly so the chick has room to come out?
thanks.

Hi there so three days to go and I’ve turned all the eggs with the air cell upwards. Only thing is a couple of the larger eggs are touching the incubator lid! Should I tilt them slightly so the chick has room to come out?
thanks.
Hmm. This is something I'm unsure about as I always lay my eggs on their side to hatch. Is there any specific reason why they need to be standing upright?

Hmm. This is something I'm unsure about as I always lay my eggs on their side to hatch. Is there any specific reason why they need to be standing upright?
4B52898E-1394-4F44-A382-8CC988A683B3.jpeg

Do you think this is ok?

View attachment 3160060
Do you think this is ok?
Yes. If you think about a natural nest, all of the eggs will be laying down on their sides throughout incubation and during hatch. If you candle the eggs and notice any dips in the air cells, I'd probably have that side of the facing up, but still laying down. Please keep us updated 😊 What are you hatching?

Yes. If you think about a natural nest, all of the eggs will be laying down on their sides throughout incubation and during hatch. If you candle the eggs and notice any dips in the air cells, I'd probably have that side of the facing up, but still laying down. Please keep us updated 😊 What are you hatching?
Chickens….. unsure of the breed but the cockerels were really large and black? thanks for your help. I’m actually unsure of a couple of the eggs but I think I’ve def got 4 chicks in there. (These eggs weren’t exactly kept in optimal condition before I incubated them.) so who knows how many if any we'll get. I keep smelling the suspect eggs but no bad smells so far.

Chickens….. unsure of the breed but the cockerels were really large and black? thanks for your help. I’m actually unsure of a couple of the eggs but I think I’ve def got 4 chicks in there. (These eggs weren’t exactly kept in optimal condition before I incubated them.) so who knows how many if any we'll get. I keep smelling the suspect eggs but no bad smells so far.
Lock down is the time to candle once more and take out any that are not developed.

Back
Top Bottom