Incubators Anonymous

My grandfather surprised me instead of chicken eggs this Friday he will have about 2 dozen turkey eggs for me to set. I'm a little nervous now we have had some mild weather here for two weeks but now cooling down again so he said they would go to waste anyway so try it. So wish me luck. And that's an extra week to wait too.

Turkeys are so much fun! I've had poults hatching almost every week since the beginning of January lol. You'll love the little buggers :)

I have gotten them for 4-H projects for my boys but to hatch in my DIY bator is little more pressure. Waiting for Friday because I want hatch on weekend so I can be around I work 4 10 hour days then Friday-Sunday off. Making planes around incubation.

WHen putting eggs in an incubator one must use extreme care.

I thought I had about 20 eggs hatching on Sunday. I just moved my eggs to the hatcher(s).

I have 24 Creamette eggs in one and 17 assorted eggs in the other. (SPeckled Sussex, Partridge Chanticler and EE (olive and Blue)...

It is a lot like drinks in a bar. You kind of lose count of how many you really have..

That's so true. I just looked inrush my super packed hatcher and saw a few babies running around and thought, eh, that's not too many yet but then I counted and there are at least 10 hatched so far. With over 60 eggs in there, I'm going to have to pull them out soon lol.

It's official I'm now stepping into the world of incubation 28 Royal Palm & Bourbon Red turkeys set tonight.

It's official I'm now stepping into the world of incubation 28 Royal Palm & Bourbon Red turkeys set tonight.

Good luck! I hope you have an excellent hatch!

I have 75 eggs in my hatcher now and every time I turn around, it seems that another has hatched. They're popping out like popcorn!

This is my first attempt wanted to get some eggs from my grandfather he come give me turkeys was hoping for barnyard bantams less pressure. Thanks

I have a small question I just spent about two weeks putting every thermometer I could find in a styrofoam box. I thought I had it all figured out. When I put in the eggs I knew that the mass of the eggs would take awhile to come up to temp. The box is up to temp heat goes off then comes back on at about same intervole but thermometers laying near eggs seam to lower than before. About how long does it take to get eggs up to temp?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom