Incubators Anonymous

Pics
I couldn't let it pass.

Hovabator incubator on ebay.

Had a vague description. But if I read the box right in the photo. And it hasn't been switched out I bought a 1588 genesis for 50 bucks.

My dw will be thrilled (not). as I am running 5 bators at the moment. And have eggs waiting on spaces.

Have to feed the addiction.

Oh wow I just found out the little barnyard mix I have been so carefully incubating are not just normal chicks. The are 1/8 gray gamebird 1/8 asil game bird and 3/4 Japanese game bird. I hate game chickens. I had homes for these if they hatch but since they wanted pets I think these would not be good. So they are going to get them back and I ordered 12 "nice" eggs to hatch for my friends pets. Lol helps my addiction too..... :)
The games I've had were some of the friendliest birds we've had. The roosters like other roosters, but they are human friendly!

Oh wow I just found out the little barnyard mix I have been so carefully incubating are not just normal chicks. The are 1/8 gray gamebird 1/8 asil game bird and 3/4 Japanese game bird. I hate game chickens. I had homes for these if they hatch but since they wanted pets I think these would not be good. So they are going to get them back and I ordered 12 "nice" eggs to hatch for my friends pets. Lol helps my addiction too..... :)
The games I've had were some of the friendliest birds we've had. The roosters like other roosters, but they are human friendly!
humm maybe im just thinking of fighting cocks. But they did tell me that their birds are not very friendly pretty flighty. And of course the males.... well you know how roos can be.

It's from them being shaken around during shipping. You can't freaky fix them but you can still hatch them as long add the yolk didn't get scrambled. I always let shipped eggs ready, upright on the counter for 24 hours after they get here to settle them I throw them in the bator. If air cells are still bad at hatch time, hatch them upright in an egg carton. Some people start incubating but don't turn them for the first 3-4 days. I've tried that method too and I feel that I have better luck just throwing them straight in the turner. That's just been my experience though. Good luck and let us know how they're looking!

When I said "this will not end well for you, I was not referring to your hatch rate, I was referring to your obvious addiction and implying you would need to get more incubators...little did I know you already were..:lau

Lol Im a hatchaholic from way back. My Sportsman was delayed until earlier today. And when it was delivered they dropped it off at my neighbors house on their porch. Luckily he is an honest person.. dang Fedex. I had just enough time before work to help my hubby get it out of the box and get it set up and turned on. I will take some pics when I set some eggs tomorrow. Tickled to death with it! We turned it on and within 10 minutes it was up to set temp.. steady at 100 degrees by the digital temp display and my GQF bulb thermometer I had. Yay!! I love it. :)

Lol Im a hatchaholic from way back. My Sportsman was delayed until earlier today. And when it was delivered they dropped it off at my neighbors house on their porch. Luckily he is an honest person.. dang Fedex. I had just enough time before work to help my hubby get it out of the box and get it set up and turned on. I will take some pics when I set some eggs tomorrow. Tickled to death with it! We turned it on and within 10 minutes it was up to set temp.. steady at 100 degrees by the digital temp display and my GQF bulb thermometer I had. Yay!! I love it. :)
My husband believes that I need a Sportsman and a nice hatcher! He gave me the okay. I think he loves me.

It's from them being shaken around during shipping. You can't freaky fix them but you can still hatch them as long add the yolk didn't get scrambled. I always let shipped eggs ready, upright on the counter for 24 hours after they get here to settle them I throw them in the bator. If air cells are still bad at hatch time, hatch them upright in an egg carton. Some people start incubating but don't turn them for the first 3-4 days. I've tried that method too and I feel that I have better luck just throwing them straight in the turner. That's just been my experience though. Good luck and let us know how they're looking!
Because they are shipped eggs I let them rest on the counter for almost 30 hours. I was told to do 48hrs before, but I guess that I got too eager. Plus my 4 year old kept eyeing them. The eggs should have been two days old upon arrival, so I took about 7 of my own eggs that were laying any kind of way in an egg basket and some 3 day old ones that were completely upside down in a carton.Those are completely fine, and show awesome vigor. I will take your advice on hatching with the carton. I am certain that these eggs will need it.

I couldn't let it pass.

Hovabator incubator on ebay.

Had a vague description. But if I read the box right in the photo. And it hasn't been switched out I bought a 1588 genesis for 50 bucks.

My dw will be thrilled (not). as I am running 5 bators at the moment. And have eggs waiting on spaces.

Have to feed the addiction.

5 bators at once!! Your a sick man! GET HELP!!

Wait, are some of them being used as hatchers and not incubators?

Back
Top Bottom