Incubators Anonymous

Pics
So I'm so sad to say, day 24 and we decided to crack open our eggs since we had nothing going on for a few days now. :( All 4 of my eggs weren't alive. I used a new incubator for hatch out and was having one hell of a time keeping the humidity up! I think I shrink wrapped them... I want to post pictures, is everyone okay with that?

I'm so sorry for your loss :( keep sponges on hand, they are wonderful for getting humidity up. You can post pictures if you want.

Did mine shrink wrap?

Here's what the sack looked like once we gently opens up the fat side of the egg. Can anyone tell me if they look like they were shrink wrapped?

That doesn't look shrink wrapped to me. Were these shipped eggs or your own? I've had many shipped eggs just stop and not hatch at this point. Otherwise, like Bert said, they could've had very thick egg shells and they may not have been able to pip through.

Last edited:
That doesn't look shrink wrapped to me. Were these shipped eggs or your own? I've had many shipped eggs just stop and not hatch at this point. Otherwise, like Bert said, they could've had very thick egg shells and they may not have been able to pip through.

They were shipped. :( When we opened them up, nothing was pipped at all, all of the sacs were still intact. So for future reference, is there anything I could have done?

They were shipped. :( When we opened them up, nothing was pipped at all, all of the sacs were still intact. So for future reference, is there anything I could have done?

Shipped eggs are always such a gamble. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you don't. You could try hatching them upright in an egg carton (bottoms cut out of the egg holders for air flow) but other than that, there's not much else you can do.

Shipped eggs are always such a gamble. Sometimes you get lucky, other times you don't. You could try hatching them upright in an egg carton (bottoms cut out of the egg holders for air flow) but other than that, there's not much else you can do.

Small side up or fat side up? I'm going to try it with the new batch!

Back
Top Bottom