Incubators Anonymous

I did all I could to keep from loving on my eggs while incubating, (watched alot of videos, and read my incubation and hatching book to keep busy.)The fluffy butts are meant to inspire, I hope they have. i should have 5 by later to night, egg #6 the green one looked behind from the beginning. but hopefully just by one day. So far they didn't need assisting, so way to go chicks!

court-judge-smiley-emoticon.gif

Candled my silkie eggs for the last time tonight and tossed one more that was clearly a quitter. Also tossed one of the svart hona eggs (which are on day ten, but it was clearly infertile) . hopefully I get at least one or two svart honas (because I spent a fortune on the hatching eggs) . but we will see, looks as if all 4 dutch bantums are doing wonderfully, and the 4 beilefelder eggs.... I'm totally unsure. The eggs are darker and I just can't be sure, but I'm hopeful.

and toes crossed. I have one egg left to hatch it is still incubator but I am not so naive to think I don't know what I am seeing when I candled it yesterday, it stopped on day 19. That one I don't blame on temp range I blame the hen. I have 5/6 though. I am not going to morn the egg that didn't hatch I am going to celebrate the 5 that did. will post pic after coffee of the 5.:ya2 yellows and 3 blue ones.

Back
Top Bottom