Incubators Anonymous

125 chicken eggs set the evening of Feb. 28 for hatching on Mar. 21.

The Rose Comb Legbar eggs have so many that are so oval that I can't tell which end needs to go up so I candled them last night and had about a half dozen with the air cell on the bottom. They are right side up now.

The next time I candle will be on the 18th when I am moving them to the hatcher.

I’ve found the right place ! Been raising chickens off and on for 14 years but never been in a position to breed. 6 months ago we moved into a place with acreage and I’m excited to expand. Currently I have 3 showgirls, 2 silkies, 2 frizzles and a satin Silkie paint Roo.
Just set a dozen eggs in the incubator after hatching 2 last round. Had a Broody that abandoned the nest so I quickly put them in the incubator.

I’ve found the right place ! Been raising chickens off and on for 14 years but never been in a position to breed. 6 months ago we moved into a place with acreage and I’m excited to expand. Currently I have 3 showgirls, 2 silkies, 2 frizzles and a satin Silkie paint Roo.
Just set a dozen eggs in the incubator after hatching 2 last round. Had a Broody that abandoned the nest so I quickly put them in the incubator.

Welcome!! I've been trying to breed my silkies but every egg has been infertile so far. I went out yesterday with scissors... there's a reason they haven't been fertilized! I had trouble even finding the vent on all 3 of them lol! But now that they've all had a nice close trim, I'm hoping my eggs will start hatching :)

20230321_192644.jpg
20230321_192705_1.gif

What breeds are these adorable babies? :love
There are a few Rose Comb Legbars mixed in with the Sapphires.

Sapphires are from White Leghorn hens crossed with a Cream Legbar rooster. The pullets will lay a large light blue egg nearly as frequently as do White Leghorns. Like White Leghorns they start laying at about 4 1/2 months old.

There are a few Rose Comb Legbars mixed in with the Sapphires.

Sapphires are from White Leghorn hens crossed with a Cream Legbar rooster. The pullets will lay a large light blue egg nearly as frequently as do White Leghorns. Like White Leghorns they start laying at about 4 1/2 months old.
Nice!
I just hatched some white leghorns, and some light brahmas, and some crosses of the two.
7FEAA7D3-2AB0-42A3-9D3A-B0C4799CA728.jpeg

CF7FABC5-BE2A-4A30-AC9F-5FA62D9800E3.jpeg

Nice!
I just hatched some white leghorns, and some light brahmas, and some crosses of the two.
View attachment 3440047
View attachment 3440046
Loved my Light Brahmas. They were the best mousers I have had.

One year I crossed Light Brahma with White-laced Red Cornish. Out of all the crosses I got one orange hen that was the best and most persistent broody I ever had.

Back
Top Bottom