Incubators Anonymous

Personally I have been strongly hinting to my husband to build a cooler bator but I don't think I have too much of a chance with that happening. And buying a second incubator is out of the question...maybe I will look into the cooler bator option a little more...
you can build one yourself....i have faith...i have a step by step in the building paradise for the birds below...very easy to follow with plenty of pics

Has anyone here ever managed to hatch quail eggs alongside their chicken eggs?
i will be hatching quail soon with my chicken eggs ...however you wanna keep them separate and dont brood them together they are aggressive and will do damage to anything you put them in with...i got a pheasant from someone that housed them in with quail and the quail picked the beak right off the pheasant now it has a deformed beak for the rest of its life...so be careful

There are 2.  On is on the CPU on the Mother board about the size of a half dollar.  The other one is on the Power Supply and is much bigger.

Parts of that message I understood...
-there are two fans
-one is bigger
-they are located somewhere on the machine...

Sorry but I am technologically illiterate....

They are not all in the same places. Icq by tell you any more about where they are.....open it up and remove the fans.

It's that time again... I'm sitting on my hands with chicks and quail cots hatching away in the other room. They're just now starting to zip, mostly just pipping in the bator. All is quiet, must be patient.

I dry incubate everything. depending on the season it runs anywhere from 10-20%

You have no idea how happy I am to read that.
I have always had much better luck dry incubating and then read that you should incubate quail at 40-50% and was having a fit trying to decide which eggs I would set at the higher humidity and risk a worse hatch from...I am so relieved

Back
Top Bottom