Incubators Anonymous

Quote: Yeah I have my incubator, hatcher and brooders for the little ones in a 12x10 room. The new room is 12 x 30 maybe bigger. The little room has the main door to go in and out and would lose its heat easy. Had the main door to the big barn and it was where the bathroom was so it gets a lot of traffic. The new room is well insulated and only the door into the room. I am excited. We are going to prime it today I think.

Yeah I have my incubator, hatcher and brooders for the little ones in a 12x10 room. The new room is 12 x 30 maybe bigger. The little room has the main door to go in and out and would lose its heat easy. Had the main door to the big barn and it was where the bathroom was so it gets a lot of traffic. The new room is well insulated and only the door into the room. I am excited. We are going to prime it today I think.

I am sooo jealous right now. lol My chicks have to go in my Sunroom which isn't very large and is SUPPOSED to be a quite relaxing place filled with my plants...right now it belongs to our pup.
lol.png
The poor plants are scattered on every flat surface in the house.

Yeah I have my incubator, hatcher and brooders for the little ones in a 12x10 room. The new room is 12 x 30 maybe bigger. The little room has the main door to go in and out and would lose its heat easy. Had the main door to the big barn and it was where the bathroom was so it gets a lot of traffic. The new room is well insulated and only the door into the room. I am excited. We are going to prime it today I think.

that sounds fabulous... i always used to say that i would only date men who had a garage for my dive gear, but i think i am going to change the criteria and require them to have a barn and a chick room as well ;
gig.gif

Twitch the cuddle bug

The ladies

"Ginger" Spice

Princess "Peach"

And the four unnamed hooligans

I believe these two are the barred rocks

Which I believe makes these the GLW. I love their little faces. :)

Going to make my new brooders tomorrow and I have a question. I have bantams and LF and I am going to have 2 different brooders for them. I bought some 1/4 hardware cloth and now I am worried it is TOO small for the poop to fall through. Should I get some 1/2 inch too? I was just thinking the bantams feet might fall through 1/2 inch and the new LF might too. I keep thinking if there is no litter they will push the poop through the holes.... YES NO?????? I need to get the 1/2 today if you guys think I should use that.

HELP!!!!!! I will post pic of the new brooders.

Going to make my new brooders tomorrow and I have a question. I have bantams and LF and I am going to have 2 different brooders for them. I bought some 1/4 hardware cloth and now I am worried it is TOO small for the poop to fall through. Should I get some 1/2 inch too? I was just thinking the bantams feet might fall through 1/2 inch and the new LF might too. I keep thinking if there is no litter they will push the poop through the holes.... YES NO?????? I need to get the 1/2 today if you guys think I should use that.

I think for dayolds you should only use the 1/4 inch so they little feet dont get stuck in the 1/2 inch..

I would use half inch and if necessary have some tar paper (roofing) ready to line the brooder if they need it to keep from falling through, pull it out and throw it away when they grow some.

Back
Top Bottom