Incubators Anonymous

It's official I've lost my mind. I did an inventory of my bators and have 100+ eggs in 3 different bators.Barnyard mix,Olive egger, EE (3 types), silked Americana, Hamburgs,silkies, light Sussex, Mille Fleur leghorn, blue Orpington, golden polish, Welsummer, Porcelain D'Uccle, Partridge Penedesenca, Barnvelder,and 5 types of marans.It's a good thing my hubby doesn't look in my craft room. Now where am I going to put all these little fuzzy butts?

lol. same delimma here. I hatched about 34 EE &OE chicks for myself, along with about a dozen BO. Then I appeared to have lost my mind and hatched about 150 for sale..... I have sold about half of them.... now what to do with the rest????

The fan in my hatcher just quit working. Actually it stopped spinning and started smoking. Of course, today is lockdown for a new batch.
rant.gif
Just ordered a new fan assembly but won't be here in time for this hatch. Guess I'll be hand turning all the others in the incubator. Blech. I got a hatcher so I wouldn't need to do staggered hatches!
Unplug the fan if you can and Do not use it many of the incubators do not have them Crossing fingers for you

Blondie and the Blue one are Silkies. The brown one on the right is a Partridge Wyandotte Bantam. What are yours?
The two black chicks are cochin and the two yellow chicks are cochin dad X green egg layer white/black EEer. Hope to have a few darker green eggs from the pullets! Both the yellow ones look like they have pea combs! Love those colored eggs!

It's official I've lost my mind. I did an inventory of my bators and have 100+ eggs in 3 different bators.Barnyard mix,Olive egger, EE (3 types), silked Americana, Hamburgs,silkies, light Sussex, Mille Fleur leghorn, blue Orpington, golden polish, Welsummer, Porcelain D'Uccle, Partridge Penedesenca, Barnvelder,and 5 types of marans.It's a good thing my hubby doesn't look in my craft room. Now where am I going to put all these little fuzzy butts?

What a nice mix you have! I'm trying to get a new coop up and running asap for my new chicks but in the meantime I'm biting my nails hoping it is done in time. If it's not......Im thinking they'll be free ranging in my barn! LOL

Unplug the fan if you can and Do not use it many of the incubators do not have them Crossing fingers for you
I took the fan out, and thought I wired it back up correctly, but it started smelling like something was burning when I plugged it in, so I'm waiting for the replacement. It's an old incubator, new-to-me and I planned on eventually replacing the older parts. I just wasn't planning on now being eventually.

Omg I've just had the hardest night
sad.png
my incubator rose to 120.. it was only at that temp for about 5minutes(if that, really).. all day I've been having a chick knock on it's shell then the temp went up, now I don't hear anything
sad.png
are my eggs dead?? Is the one that was supposed to hatch today not going to? Is there a chance for survivors? I am just so mad and sad that I probably killed the rest of my babies :'( Ugh
sad.png
Sorry the incident may bave had a negative impact on the hatch-- you won't know the full effect until the hathing period is over. You can open the eggs at the top,going thru the air cell to see if any movement. Just be sure to keep moisture level up. Are the vents wide open??

Hoping for the best.
fl.gif

The fan in my hatcher just quit working. Actually it stopped spinning and started smoking. Of course, today is lockdown for a new batch.
rant.gif
Just ordered a new fan assembly but won't be here in time for this hatch. Guess I'll be hand turning all the others in the incubator. Blech. I got a hatcher so I wouldn't need to do staggered hatches!
Most hatchers do not have a fan, ou might be ok with out it. Certainly you don't need the smoke and neither do the babies.
wink.png
You can work on fixing it later, perhaps the wires were switched.

In his closet??
lau.gif

lol. same delimma here. I hatched about 34 EE &OE chicks for myself, along with about a dozen BO. Then I appeared to have lost my mind and hatched about 150 for sale..... I have sold about half of them.... now what to do with the rest????
Keep selling!! When people see these fuzz butts they want them!! Post pict on CL . . . if you haven't already.
smile.png

Quote: VERY CUTE!! Love the momma.

Quote: X2

Back
Top Bottom