Incubators Anonymous

If you decide you want to sell the silkies let me know please.

They are big on my list
lol. I have my limits.

I have these breeds NOT LISTING ALL THE COLORS

Marans

Plymouth rocks

Ameraucanas

guineas

wyandotte

eng orps

leghorn

rhodebars

legbars

breese

silkies

more coming too

silkies were NEVER on my want list but I had so many people ask for them figured I better try them for a year and see what happens.

when I figure out what colors I have then in might sell some but not for a few months.

Well its day 21 and no pips or anything. Its my first time incubating. I am gonna be so upset if nothing happens. How long should I wait before I call it good?

Have you been candling? Do you know if the aircells have gotten bigger on schedule? Did you have ANY temperature fluctuations during incubation?

Also, what is the breed?

One thing you can do to check if they are alive in there is the float test. You must make sure there are no pips. Get a large bowl and fill it with 100 degree water. Take an egg out, check for pips (holes), if there are none put the egg in the water and see if it wiggles. The heartbeat of a live chick will wiggle the egg in the water. A chick moving around to hatch will really wiggle. If it sinks - it is no good. If there is no movement I would say it was not alive. If it is alive wipe the water off and put it back in the incubator.

Sometimes the float test will kick the chicks into gear to come out.

fl.gif
for lots of wigglies!

Have you been candling?  Do you know if the aircells have gotten bigger on schedule?  Did you have ANY temperature fluctuations during incubation?
They are lavender orpingtons and when I candled them on day 18 they were moving in their shell. And no temp fluctuations. Its been a steady 99.5 degrees and the humidity was at 40% until lockdown hmmm. I will try the float test I'm a little nervous. I will go do it and report back
Also, what is the breed?

One thing you can do to check if they are alive in there is the float test.  You must make sure there are no pips.  Get a large bowl and fill it with 100 degree water.  Take an egg out, check for pips (holes), if there are none put the egg in the water and see if it wiggles.  The heartbeat of a live chick will wiggle the egg in the water. A chick moving around to hatch will really wiggle.  If it sinks - it is no good.  If there is no movement I would say it was not alive.  If it is alive wipe the water off and put it back in the incubator.

Sometimes the float test will kick the chicks into gear to come out.

:fl for lots of wigglies!

Well its day 21 and no pips or anything. Its my first time incubating. I am gonna be so upset if nothing happens. How long should I wait before I call it good?
Same here day 20 and I am wanting to open the bator .
enjoy a watched pot never boils ................ Hear that all day LOL anyway sometimes they pip at night betting you have good luck wishing you well what is in the bator ?

I have 4 eggs I started with that we are flying blind on the day they will pip.

We wised up and started dating the other eggs.

My next group hits their 28th day on August 4th.
On what day should I put them on lockdown?

Back
Top Bottom