Incubators Anonymous

Mine were in the 20 range and I stressed and whenever i would add water it went up to 40.. but then I found out most people Don't worry about the humidity at all for the first 18 days. The article isn't set in stone but it's very informative.

I have a hatching question. If I have 8 eggs in the bator and 7 of them hatch at day 21, but one remains unhatched but pipped at the same time as all the others, how long do I leave all 7 of the healthy chicks in the incubator waiting on that last egg? Isn't 24 hours after a pip on that last egg indicating something is wrong with it? I know the chicks can stay in the bator for up to 3 days, but is there a reason to do this if there is only 1 egg left that has been pipped for over 24 hours?

I have a hatching question. If I have 8 eggs in the bator and 7 of them hatch at day 21, but one remains unhatched but pipped at the same time as all the others, how long do I leave all 7 of the healthy chicks in the incubator waiting on that last egg? Isn't 24 hours after a pip on that last egg indicating something is wrong with it? I know the chicks can stay in the bator for up to 3 days, but is there a reason to do this if there is only 1 egg left that has been pipped for over 24 hours?
if the pip is discolored - it dead.

if you can see the little flap moving its breathing

in my personal experience, eggs from the same batch, when incubated consistantly, normally hatch within 12 hrs of each other.

at 24 hrs after pip - i an opening the shell very gently

I recently made a fan for my still air incubator using a PC fan and a 5.8 volt AC/DC plug.
I put it in my incubator and it was working fine, but after about an hour I noticed that the plug was warm to the touch.
Is this something that I should be concerned about? I really don't wan't a housefire, but then again who does?
Is it normal for the plug to be warm?

Thanks

I recently made a fan for my still air incubator using a PC fan and a 5.8 volt AC/DC plug.
I put it in my incubator and it was working fine, but after about an hour I noticed that the plug was warm to the touch.
Is this something that I should be concerned about? I really don't wan't a housefire, but then again who does?
Is it normal for the plug to be warm?

Thanks

Warm and hot is a big difference but either way your fan is drawing more power then your plug was designed for or you might need heaver wire from the plug to the fan
wink.png

in my personal experience, eggs from the same batch, when incubated consistantly, normally hatch within 12 hrs of each other.

I have dune the same thing as I am very curious to see if everything is finished or not but surprisingly a lot of chicks pass even at this point but it depends on the hatcher if mother nature is going to take over or the hatcher is going to intervene to save the day .......

Well guys, sad news. I just eggtopsied 4 eggs. 3 were fully developed but dead in shell, one had even gone into the airsack. One looks like it quit about a week ago. The last egg pipped yesterday and was peeping and rolling like crazy, but my humidity had dropped to 15 some how, so I ended up removing the top of the shell and moistening the membrane. Now I've got one little lonely duckling in my brooder. It hadn't fully absorbed the yolk so it's just kinda chilling under the lamp, peeping and kicking it's feet like crazy.

Is it normal for eggs to hatch at 20 days or pip at day 20? I have a still air that's temp is at 100 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom