Incubators Anonymous

Not sure.... heat rises..... maybe one at the top and one at the bottom on opposite sides. You can use black electric tape to cover them if needed. WAIT to drill holes till someone else comes along about placement, I am not sure. My bator is not like that.

You need to figure out a way to keep the heat in and get some ventilation. with that bator you might have a hard time keeping temp with ventilation since there is no insulation.

Ok thanks, anyone else? I am hoping to get it all sorted soon so I can hatch some eggs as soon as my chickens start laying frequently
fl.gif

I have had the ReptiPro recommended to me by a BYC member who had a 5000 and love it. That one can go higher than just one dozen. The 6000 has been out a year now and had mixed reveiws at first. Mostly problems with the window fogging from a poor seal. The more recent reviews have not been as critical. I think they must have got the problem fixed.

There is also a lovely looking Janoel on ebay with a turner for around $215. The company is British and manufactures in China. They have a good reputation in general but I have yet not looked up the specific reviews on this model.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-Egg-Incubator-JN24-/111122824895?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Wow! Thanks!!! I'll have to check it out. =)

Fellow incubators, I need help!
I have an egg that I thought had pipped, then un-pipped and wouldn't move, so I started the egg-topsy and it moved....
So, I put it back in the 'bator, but I have had no luck with assisting in hatching and this one seems to be upside-down.
Here are some pics. Please let me know what to do so I don't kill this chick too.

That yellow is the leg and foot. In the bottom picture, the drumstick is the lump closest to the camera. In the top picture, it's farthest from the camera.
It looks to me like this chick is the wrong way round. Is it going to drown? Should I pip it a hole farther down the egg? What do I do????

PS: I'm not doing anymore egg-topsies. I'll just wait until day 28 and toss whatever hasn't hatched.

Fellow incubators, I need help! I have an egg that I thought had pipped, then un-pipped and wouldn't move, so I started the egg-topsy and it moved.... So, I put it back in the 'bator, but I have had no luck with assisting in hatching and this one seems to be upside-down. Here are some pics. Please let me know what to do so I don't kill this chick too. That yellow is the leg and foot. In the bottom picture, the drumstick is the lump closest to the camera. In the top picture, it's farthest from the camera. It looks to me like this chick is the wrong way round. Is it going to drown? Should I pip it a hole farther down the egg? What do I do???? PS: I'm not doing anymore egg-topsies. I'll just wait until day 28 and toss whatever hasn't hatched.
I dont to egg topsies. And how far is it incubation wise? My only sudjestion is to put it in the incubator on its side and spray it with warm water every now and then so it doesnt shrink wrap.

I dont to egg topsies. And how far is it incubation wise? My only sudjestion is to put it in the incubator on its side and spray it with warm water every now and then so it doesnt shrink wrap.

Today ifs day 25.
I won't do egg-topsies anymore either. I'm just going to throw away whatever hasn't hatched by day 28.
And thank you, that's basically what I'm doing (trying to avoid shrink wrap.)

Last edited:
If I have one that pipped not much else for a LONG time I put a wet paper towel around the egg but not over the pip. I keep that wet to help keep them from shrinkwrapping. I don't bother eggs till hatch or later. Never if they are early, just keep them from getting too dry.

Fellow incubators, I need help! I have an egg that I thought had pipped, then un-pipped and wouldn't move, so I started the egg-topsy and it moved.... So, I put it back in the 'bator, but I have had no luck with assisting in hatching and this one seems to be upside-down. Here are some pics. Please let me know what to do so I don't kill this chick too. That yellow is the leg and foot. In the bottom picture, the drumstick is the lump closest to the camera. In the top picture, it's farthest from the camera. It looks to me like this chick is the wrong way round. Is it going to drown? Should I pip it a hole farther down the egg? What do I do???? PS: I'm not doing anymore egg-topsies. I'll just wait until day 28 and toss whatever hasn't hatched.
baby doing ok today

No, I wasn't trying to help it early, I was hatching chicken eggs and this one was four days overdue and I thought it was dead already; that's the only circumstances under which I would open up an egg.

Back
Top Bottom