Incubators Anonymous

nks, did that overnight and draped a towel over it also and it stayed at the right temp, dropped 0.2 when I got up but I am happy with that. Is fluctuating between 37.5 and 37.7c so I think that is alright.
YAY
ya.gif
Glad to hear it worked and good luck with your hatch
thumbsup.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
I'm
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
getting
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
wee.gif
wee.gif
YaY! I am happy for you! I know how you feel!! Just like all those dancing happy faces!!! :)

We need a new thread called 'egg math' I just can NOT get it in my head exactly how many eggs fit on an egg turner. I have two now in case I forget how many one will hold, but it didn't work. I only have 68 eggs in the incubators right now....where did I go wrong? There's at least 30-40 empty spots, right?

I can not wait for the day that I am putting my OWN eggs in the incubator. I just got my very own keeper cockerel a week ago. I decided the best starting place with my roo was to let a professional breeder grow me a perfect one. He's a pure breed/show quality Blue Ameraucana! I am so excited!! (oh, and my husband thinks the beautiful blue hen that came with him was a stowaway)

Can the day go any slower? I am hanging out to candle the eggs on day 10 (when I will also weigh them) and I just cant wait
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Anyone else weigh their eggs? I was going to mark the air sacs but I find weighing easier, provided I can get the right equation. Can anyone tell me if I have this is correct for me to track the correct weight loss?

My little dun colored chick is going to make it. I can't remember if I posted on here too or just on the Mid TN thread. It had a difficult hatch because the incubator ran dry in the end when I was at work. It was so weak at first that the action of breathing made it rock back and forth like a drunk staggering around. I put it in with some 3 day old quail chicks hoping that it would take cues from them on eating and drinking. Finally when I added wet cat food to the ground chick starter it started eating. I hope it is a girl because I am getting attached.

My little dun colored chick is going to make it. I can't remember if I posted on here too or just on the Mid TN thread. It had a difficult hatch because the incubator ran dry in the end when I was at work. It was so weak at first that the action of breathing made it rock back and forth like a drunk staggering around. I put it in with some 3 day old quail chicks hoping that it would take cues from them on eating and drinking. Finally when I added wet cat food to the ground chick starter it started eating. I hope it is a girl because I am getting attached.
wee.gif
Yay!!! I am so happy for you
celebrate.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
I'm
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
getting
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

wee.gif
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
wee.gif
wee.gif

OMGosh! So funny! I was reading this when a Hot Pockets commercial came on and they were playing a tune I don't know the name of but recognize. They were singing, "Hot Pockets got protein to please, hey piñata got energy, My hot pockets"..... Maybe someone knows the tune from the commercial? It was so funny the tune with the dancing smilies. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom