Incubators Anonymous

A regular egg turner like in a styrofoam will not fit in a GQF. It will fit in mine-----because I built mine a little bigger just for that purpose.

Oh man! Burst my bubble! Well I will have to hand turn! O.k Here is what I think I am going to do! I have turkey and chicken eggs due to hatch sunday in my bator! I have more chicken and turkey eggs to put in the hatcher That I am borrowing.When batch one has hatched on sunday I will take the eggs out of the hatcher and put them in my bator. then when the chicken eggs batch 2 are ready to hatch. I will put them back in the hatcher because the turkey eggs will need more time. So What do we think! I Know I need help! LOL
ya.gif
th.gif
he.gif

Last edited:
Oh man! Burst my bubble! Well I will have to hand turn! O.k Here is what I think I am going to do! I have turkey and chicken eggs due to hatch sunday in my bator! I have more chicken and turkey eggs to put in the hatcher That I am borrowing.When batch one has hatched on sunday I will take the eggs out of the hatcher and put them in my bator. then when the chicken eggs batch 2 are ready to hatch. I will put them back in the hatcher because the turkey eggs will need more time. So What do we think! I Know I need help! LOL

That sounds like MY convoluted egg staggering.
roll.png

ya.gif
th.gif
he.gif
Makes perfect sense to me!

ya.gif
th.gif
he.gif
If I am following you---Do you have a turner in the incubator?? What I would do if I had the room is go ahead and set the new eggs in the hatcher---when its time to put the eggs in the incubator into lock-down-----put them in the hatcher(increase moisture)---the eggs in the hatcher put them in the incubator(if you got room) at the same time(just switch places)---then you want mess up your incubator during the hatch, then when the 2nd batch is ready put them in the cleaned hatcher---etc. Just my Thoughts.

Last edited:
If I am following you---Do you have a turner in the incubator?? What I would do if I had the room is go ahead and set the new eggs in the hatcher---when its time to put the eggs in the incubator into lock-down-----put them in the hatcher(increase moisture)---the eggs in the hatcher put them in the incubator(if you got room) at the same time(just switch places)---then you want mess up your incubator during the hatch, then when the 2nd batch is ready put them in the cleaned hatcher---etc. Just my Thoughts.

Yes, I have a turner in a hovabator Genesis 1588! Wed. will be day 24, would that be too soon for lock down.I was going to wait till day 25.

Back
Top Bottom