Incubators Anonymous

Someone has probably turned your wafer thermostat "in" which would lower the heat. The wafer thermostat is a back-up----""""I"""" would turn the black knob all the way (highest)) then keep backing(counter clockwise) the wafer out a couple of turns----temp should go up---get temp up to app. 102 with the wafer then when its stable at 102(Its Set--no more adjustment on it)----back the black knob lower(decrease) to get the temp to 99.5. The wafer is there to kick off the heat strips if the temp tried to get above 102. *unless its been tampered with*

Even if the electronic thermostat was bad---the wafer should be able to control the temp.

I did what you said! The wafer thermostat is reading 101.8 to 102.4 and keeps going up and down is that close enough or should I lower it more before I mess with the black nob? I am checking temp with a spot check therm on the top shelf is that correct? Thank you for your help!!!

I did what you said! The wafer thermostat is reading 101.8 to 102.4 and keeps going up and down is that close enough or should I lower it more before I mess with the black nob? I am checking temp with a spot check therm on the top shelf is that correct? Thank you for your help!!!
Sounds like you got it right----now decrease the black knob a little at the time till it gets to 99.5 to 100. If it does that-----you ready to get some eggs into it.

Last edited:
First chick

Back
Top Bottom