Incubators Anonymous

. She's getting really good at chicken herding.
gig.gif
That should be an Olympic sport! IMHO.
D.gif

That should be an Olympic sport! IMHO.
D.gif
YUP!!! She was out there again just a little while ago catching a roo that was being henpecked & had a bloody rump where they pulled his feathers out. Into the other iso pen he went. She's turning into a good little chicken wrangler. Now she just needs to catch Bob, the MF d'Uccle roo who escaped while she was climbing into the coop to check for eggs.

I was getting sick of having so much open space in the bator so I went and got 8 dozen eggs from the Amish and set them. Now I'm feeling better about keeping it going! Now I have to work on getting the chicks sold. This time I went straight out to their house and got the eggs and all the eggs are less than a day old.

I was getting sick of having so much open space in the bator so I went and got 8 dozen eggs from the Amish and set them. Now I'm feeling better about keeping it going! Now I have to work on getting the chicks sold. This time I went straight out to their house and got the eggs and all the eggs are less than a day old.

LOL! The feeling is mutual. Except my hubby would not be so understanding. I have lockdown on Sunday for my 2 JGs. I sure hope they both hatch. 1 looks rather iffy.

Best of luck with your 8 dozen.

well, thanks to a couple customers who want specific chicks, i've set 39 eggs from Donna, and 30 BLRW from another breeder.
fl.gif
fl.gif

this is my second try at blrw... wasn't 100% sure i liked em for a while, but they've grown on me, so now i need some of my own. LOL so hoping that i get enough for my customer and a few left over for me.
fl.gif

got another order today for 6 EE, and she especially likes the idea of my EE/Dorking chicks. wow did they grow fast. but sold all i had last week so now i have to hatch some more. so... if i set 12 eggs that should give me enough to grow out too, right? or should i err on the side of caution and set another 30?
lau.gif

This is Butter in her butter mobile. Any ideas on how to fix her leg and also how to put feed and water on her mobile for her. when she is don she dosnt eat or drink just flopps all over . If I have her sitting up in her chair or in my hand I can coax her to eat and drink a little . She is about 30 hours old right now.
Her leg that twists inward and down

FIrst I had the baby with the exposed brain and now this little one. I wont cull her unless she starts suffering.

Last edited:
This is Butter in her butter mobile. Any ideas on how to fix her leg and also how to put feed and water on her mobile for her. when she is don she dosnt eat or drink just flopps all over . If I have her sitting up in her chair or in my hand I can coax her to eat and drink a little . She is about 30 hours old right now.
Her leg that twists inward and down

FIrst I had the baby with the exposed brain and now this little one. I wont cull her unless she starts suffering.
Lover her little cart!! You have a big heart.

Back
Top Bottom