incubators.. which one?

danniboi1990

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 16, 2011
Coventry
hi guys.. has anybody got any experience with incubators. ive been doing some research online and already own an RCOM incubator. it holds 3 hens eggs but it only ever hatches out roos. im thinking maybe i should get a new bator as the one i already have is all automatic. if i got a new one.. does anyone recommend a certain type.. im not looking for a massive one. thats why i originally went for my mini rcom bator. im desperate to hatch out some pullets! HELP!

THANKS GUYS
smile.png

Well unfortunately it's a gamble when your hatching. So even if you get a bigger incubator your possibility of hatch all roos is still there. With more eggs you stand a better chance of course hatching more pullets. Get whats in your budget and one that has the features you like.

I have 2 little giant incubators, with egg turners.

Have had 100 % hatches and 0 %. Although this year its usually 15 to 30 percent max.

Thinking about atleast getting computer fans before I upgrade...........

Greg

I started out in a little giant but i now have 2 brinsea eco 20s and love it. doesn't have the humidy pump but i have the auto turners for them. but you dont have to get the turners.
there are flat sides and you just rotate to the right or the middle or the left yourself if you dont want to have the auto turner.

I love them. I think its a good place to start. if you like them on facebook i think they have a discount code to use when you order.
and easy to clean.

WHen you say you only hatch roosters, I take it that you mean that all eggs that hatch are roosters and their are some eggs that don't hatch. I recently read an interesting idea, that I have not been able to confirm by a university or equivalent, higher incubation temps favor the rooster, if I remember correctly. Only one IMO reference. Can you check the temperature of you machine? Can you alter it , very slightly? Like a degree, or a half degree? Maybe open a plug or whatever will let out some heat. Just a thought--can't prove it but maybe it's worth a try. GL

Back
Top Bottom