Incubators

Yes, and the humidity issues are horrible for game birds in the styrafoams. They rarely go high enough without adding a sponge.

I found the RCOM from a place in New Zealand. My Mother n law is there now. (We live in the USA and she has an awesome job with IBM and gets to go to wonderful places like that. She is going to check it out for me. It is the RCOM SURO Incubator. I am trying to decide between that and the Brinsea 20 with a turner. Not only do I have the 4 year twins, but I work 24 hour shifts 1 to 2 days a week. And as much as I love my wonderful hubby and older sons, I don't trust them to remember to turn my eggs!
idunno.gif

Quote:
FIRE RESCUE HUH?

BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT:thumbsup

R COMS ARE ALLEGEDLY NICE, HAVENT GOTTEN MY HANDS ON 1 YET.. THEY SEEM TO BE SMALL VOLUME. I HAVE HEARD GOOD THINGS THO... BUT WITHOUT ACTUALLY SEEING 1 IN PERSON I CANT HELP MUCH WITH THAT
hu.gif

LOL! Not fire rescue. Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Love my job and love my schedule. Gives me alot of time with the kids. The 2 older ones are 17 and 20, then I have 4 year old twins, that were triplets, but we lost Austin at 3 days of age. Very premature, a NNP's worse nightmare.

I am so torn between the RCOM Suro and the Brinsea 20 Advance Ex. Seems like they are very similar. Leaning towards the Brinsea because if it has problems, I will be dealing in the US, not New Zealand.

My 17 year old says I tend to over think and over research things. (You should see how I have my ladies (chicken's set up) and the tortoises. Keeping the nutria in the house till the spring, then he will have a yard around the pond, near our Bunny)

Getting my cages together before I order the incubator, I have a brooder from my chicks. Once the living conditions are set, I will order the incubator and then look for my eggs. I want to start with Coturnix. Going for meat and eggs. Will keep most of the meat, pickle alot of eggs and sell some pickled and fresh eggs at the local produce market.

Probably more than ya'll wanted to know about me, but that is the direction I am going.

.MY BAD... I FORGOT SOME OF Y'ALL WORKED 24'S... USUALLY WHEN I THINK OF 24'S ITS FIRE RESCUE. MEDEVAC CREWS AND RESIDENTS. FUNNY HOW WE JUST GET TUNNEL VISION ON SOME THINGS? I RETIRED FORM FIRE RESCUE 2 YRS AGO... HAVE BEEN RN SINCE JESUS WAS IN DIAPERS, THAT COMBINED WITH THE PARAMEDIC ADRENALINE JUNKY GENE DROVE ME TOWARDS MED EVAC AS PT JOB ON THE SIDE
smile.png

YES BRINSEA DOES HAVE US SERVICE CENTER DOWN HERE ON THE EAST COAST OF FLA... I DOUBT YOU'D NEED IT THO, OF ALL OF MINE I HAVE HAD 2 FANS GO OUT, THATS IT. A HURRIED TRIP TO RADIO SHAK AND 20 MIN LATER THEY WERE SWAPPED OUT WITH BRIGHT SHINEY NEW COMPUTER FANS... ABOUT 13 BUCK A PIECE (CHEAPER IF YOU BUY OFF OF EBAY AND I DO KEEP 2 SPARES IN MY BOX OF TRICKS) THE STANDARD 120V 4 INCH SQUARE COMPUTER FANS BOLT RIGHT IN THE OCTAGON LIDS AND REPLACE THE OLD BRINSEA FAN WITHOUT MODIFICATION(KINDA HANDY I THOUGHT..)

2 OF THE OCT 20'S I PURCHASED (STOLE FOR A BETTER WORD) FROM A LOCAL LIVESTOCK AUCTION USED AND UNKNOWN AGES... NOBODY THERE KNEW WHAT THEY WERE OTHER THAN ME SO I SNAPPED THEM UP SUPER CHEAP! 11 BUCKS FOR THE PAIR.... THATS BEEN 8+ YRS AGO AND THEY ARE STILL RUNNIN 24/7/365
smile.png

THATS WHEN I GOT STARTED WITH THE BRINSEA LOVE AFFAIR. I HAVE SINCE ACCUMULATED 2 MORE 20'S AND 2 40'S BRINGING THE FLEET UP TO 6 TOTAL UNITS. AND I WANT A COUPLE OF THEIR 360 CABINETS SO BAD IT ISNT EVEN FUNNY
cool.png

we have an inexpensive plan for a 2 tray or 5 tray that you may find of intrest. ive been using them for a few years and designed them from trial and error. good luck with your project

Keep in mind that New Zealand is on 240V whereas the US is on 110V. Plus, the plug-in is a different type/shape. If you purchase one IN NZ, you will need an adaptor in order to plug it in here in the US.....might be better to just purchase it here.

Back
Top Bottom