incubators?

CHICKENCRAZY50

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
Im thinking about hatching some eggs next spring. just wouldering what kind of incubator is best? and how big of one i need and all that good stuff :)

Thanks for our help:)

How many egg's are you planing on hatching ?????????

Do you plan on becoming addicted to hatching well no body really plans on it that is just an end result so think about what you would like to do and if you only want to do 10 or less get a small one and if you want a bigger one make sure you get one with a turner ......

e-bay has a good selection look there then look the incubators up and how much are you will to pay is the big question and that will the real determiner here .....

I've used the Genesis styrofoam incubators with circulating fan and automatic egg turner on a number of occasions, and always had a good hatch rate from them. They hold up to 70 chicken eggs, and can be purchased for under $200. You can see a picture of a nice one at http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/full_view_picture_window_incubator.html. If you purchase one, just be sure and get one with the automatic egg turner.

I've been using my styrafoam Hovabator for the last 8 years and never had a problem with it. It has the fan with it and for a few years I used the automatic turner. This will hold about 60 chicken eggs.

Back
Top Bottom