IncuTherm combo thermometer/hygrometer accuracy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aaronrich85, Mar 14, 2015.

1. aaronrich85

aaronrich85 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2015
    Weaverville, NC
    Does anyone know how accurate the incubator warehouse IncuTherm thermometer/hygrometer is. Both my digital thermostat and analog dial thermometer read the same temp but the IncuTherm reads 3 degrees higher than the others do. which one should I trust. Also whats the best if the one I have can't be trusted. thanks

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Welcome to the Duck Forum!

I wish I could help, I don't hatch at this point. But I hope that some of the hatchers will check in soon.

3. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    I use at least three thermometers and hygrometers to make sure I have them all calibrated, and with that number you find at least two that are reading consistently the same.

4. aaronrich85

Mar 11, 2015
    Weaverville, NC
    So I guess from what your saying I shouldn't trust the one reading 3 degrees high then

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

My incubator warehouse one reads the same temp as both of my incubators, so maybe your's is defective? You might want to get one of the glass types and do a sanity check with it. Curiously, what brand is your digital one?

-Kathy

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  7. aaronrich85

Mar 11, 2015
    Weaverville, NC
    I may just use it strictly as a hygrometer and ignore the two reading

8. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  9. aaronrich85

Mar 11, 2015
    Weaverville, NC
    thanks for the link to calibrate the hygrometer. I tested my analog thermometer using the ice water test and it tested perfectly so my combination thermometer/hygrometer doesn't read the temp correctly. Ill let you guys know in 21 if I had any luck or not. Thanks for your help

10. Annjee

Annjee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2015
    Lancaster, Pa
    I am a planner. In expectation of my first hatching, with my agriculturally-minded (animal husbandry focused) daughter, I have poured over your site. My kids and I have functioned in wild bird rehabilitation on an as-needed basis over the years and I want to do this right. I purchased a Brinsea Octagon 20.

As suggested, I purchased another thermometer and found this thermometer/hygrometer from Incubator Warehouse. I am not sure if I can check the thermometer portion as the bulb looks like it may not be intended for immersion. I will reread that though. My primary need for this one is as hygrometer. As, I also have the Brinsea Spotcheck. I read about calibrating a hygrometer in multiple places. They all seem in agreement. Gallon size ziplock gave me 65%, quart size 74% and settled at 71%. I assume the quart size Is more accurate. Not adjustable though, will try locate one that is. Did I do this right? Kind of annoying a new product isn't spot on. I am open for suggestions. It was reading 10-12% humidity in the incubator without eggs. Also, it's the bathroom is that okay? Will showers etc cause too much fluctuation in the humidity? Thanks for your input.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by