Incuview / Icelandic Chickens

pgrenna81

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 25, 2014
Monson,Ma
My first attempt at using an incubator 13 icelandic eggs just went in.

The Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/icelandicchickens/ acts as an unofficial club, education center and group for Icelandic chicken owners in North America and Iceland. There is a Breeders List of vetted breeders, a lot of informational documents under Files, and has more than 3,500 members. Here are photos from my flock in Western Montana. As you can see, the landrace (not a breed with a standard of perfection) is very diverse. They are also incredibly various as to personality, intelligence and curiosity. They lay a lot of white to tinted medium to large eggs, are very good at free range thriftiness and are very interesting.

Last edited:
Day 7 and it looks like I have 1-clear, 11 definite developing and 1 that may be a quitter but I'm going to give it another day or so.

The 11 good ones look like this with the little eye moving around

The one in question has a small red circle in the middle I left it in for now, any thoughts?

Candled day 15. 11/11 seem to be growing just fine, I'm getting excited for my first hatch, really hoping for a great success rate.

Back
Top Bottom