Incuview Incubator Temperature won't lower.

When I make any type of change to my incubators I give it a full 1-2 hours before touching anything again. Otherwise it can be almost impossible to discern if your changes made a difference and if that difference was positive or negative.

Tums bottle, vitamin bottle, aspirin bottle? May have to use 2 of something. Make sure they don't leak.
I have empty pill bottles. I can wash them out, & sanitize them. Do I use cold water? And leave the lid fully closed? I have it gapped.

When I make any type of change to my incubators I give it a full 1-2 hours before touching anything again. Otherwise it can be almost impossible to discern if your changes made a difference and if that difference was positive or negative.
I haven't messed with it that often, I tried adjusting this morning, & that's it since yesterday.

Do you have some room temp chicken eggs to stick in there? That might be the problem as you are running it empty. I would buy some to test, if I didn't have any. Let them be room temp before sticking them in.

I'd use warm water (99F) in the water bottles so the heat wont take as long to stabilize. Seal them up. You don't want them to leak. That isn't for the humidity. That is for a heat sink. You may not even need this with eggs in there.

Do you have some room temp chicken eggs to stick in there? That might be the problem as you are running it empty. I would buy some to test, if I didn't have any. Let them be room temp before sticking them in.

I'd use warm water (99F) in the water bottles so the heat wont take as long to stabilize. Seal them up. You don't want them to leak. That isn't for the humidity. That is for a heat sink. You may not even need this with eggs in there.
I have refrigerated eggs, they're fertilized, so I don't want chicks yet. I can give the water bottle thing a try.

Well I didn't mean for you to fully incubate them, but to use them to test and see if the incubator would hold the right temp with eggs in it. Throw the eggs away after.

I’m still waiting on my incuview... hopefully it’s just a faulty unit and they can replace it for you! I’ll touch base once I get mine and see if it’s maybe an issue with this manufacturing batch of them? 🤔 I certainly hope not...

I always use store bought eggs for setting up my incubator at the beginning of each season or when they were new, or haven’t been run for a while. I find it makes a lot less crazy swings when I replace them with hatching eggs too, and less fiddling with settings because it mimics the conditions that it will be run in. Especially in the cheapy janoel, that thing was a pain unless everything was set perfectly already. Lol.
I agree with what others have said. in the meantime, factory reset, set it and leave it alone for the 24 hour period and see if it stabilizes. At least you have a backup, even though it’s a bummer to have to use it. :)

Back
Top Bottom