Incuview Incubator

I don't have my divider made yet but will be doing one after this hatch... Went into lockdown tonight, candled and some are ready starting internal pips! 8 eggs for sure the 9th one is tiny but looks to be developed. I wondered about making the divider out of 1/4" hardware cloth?

Attachments

• IMG_20180620_010437226_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180620_010437226_LL.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 4
The plastic mesh is used for crafting, specifically needlepoint. I ordered mine from Amazon, but I'm sure most big craft stores have it. Preferably look for sheets that are stiff. Mine is very flexible, but still works.

ok. I'll check Amazon. any idea what they call it? I'm in a tiny rural town but when I went out of town to walmart they didn't have it either. :(

I bought the one called "Plastic Canvas 12x18-Clear" for $5.83. I ordered other things as well so I didn't have to pay shipping. The length doesn't quite reach across the diagonal length of the incubator. It's short about a third of an inch or so on both sides but this isn't an issue because the shape of the incubator holds it in place and the gap isn't big enough for a chick.

@SimoneG I think I asked you a question on another thread. Do you use a humidikit with your incuview? Humidity control has been an issue for me during lockdown. I'm not crazy about using sponges especially when it's crowded with eggs and chicks.

ETA: I see you replied, thank you! I need one of those!

I'm really liking the humidikit! it makes things much easier and I just have to refill the bottle a couple times a week. when I do open the lid to candle or remove chicks it goes back up quickly. (within a min) I was told that the humidikit acts like a oxygen concentrator does, it pumps in Oxygen with the humidity? So far no problems on that end. I have been leaving my turner in (I shut it off and remove the turning arm) but it does seem to help with the egg crashers. :)

Back
Top Bottom