Incuview Incubator

Pics
I too am at day 7 set 28 eggs 8 Isbar (4 smashed in shipment total burn) 12 Silkie and 8 Blue Cooper Marans over PBR hoping for some autosexing chicks... ALL my Isbars were air cel detached but appear to be developing. I have them in an egg carton since day 6 no more turning for them and in a desperate attempt to hatch them. I am following advice from someone from BYC I got nothing to lose I guess. The Silkies are all developing perfectly weird cause they were all in the same box. I started out turning by hand but because I belive the shipped eggs are beyong fagile I decided to boot up the turner and use it from today on. I really hop 2 Isbars hatch.

Day 7 of incubation.

I candled my eggs this evening. Out of the original 34 eggs I set, 26 are developing. I removed 8 eggs that were clear. I was most surprised that my shipped eggs are doing better than my local eggs. I imagine that the lady I got my local eggs from has some fertility issues.

For some reason I expected the eggs to make a complete rotation in the turner. They actually just rock side to side. I was panicked at first that the turner wasn't working, but it works just fine.

I do have a question about the candling. I can see the air cells at the fat end of the egg. When I look at candling pictures and videos online it seems the rest of the egg is dark all the way around the egg. But my eggs are dark on one side of the egg and light on the other. I can see lots of veining and I can see the embryo moving in many of the eggs. Is this normal or are my eggs really not turning correctly?

And I got my new fan guard from Incubator Warehouse. I am debating on changing it out now or waiting until after the hatch. I don't know how long it will take to change out and I don't want to leave the top off my eggs that long. I might have my husband look at it and see what he thinks. He can change it while I am candling in another week.
Normal...you will see the dark area(the embryo) enlarge as the embryo develops and grows.

I do believe that the eggs are just supposed to turn 180 degrees not 360.

Last edited:
The Incuview def deserves alot of credit. I am giving it a 9 out of 10 only because I wasnt comfortable with the turner seemed liek it wasnt really turning them probably just me being paranoid being a rookie and all. I plan on using it next week with Silkie and Isbar eggs that are being shipped.

This was my exact same thought. I thought the eggs were not being turned enough so I was also hand turning them the first few days as well. I thought maybe I overcrowded the eggs causing them not to turn correctly. I set 34 bantam eggs instead of the recommended 27. I hope I didn't turn too much. I finally settled down and realized the turn wasn't as big as I thought it should be and decided to trust the incubator. I did remove 8 infertile eggs so that made me feel better as far as the crowding went. I thought I would mention this again in case someone might be having the same worries. Do you get less nervous in subsequent hatches? I hope so because the first one is giving me gray hairs and I think everything is actually going as it should.

I am really pleased! 16 viable eggs and 12 are already out. the other four have pipped internally and are still working on hatching. This is my first hatch ever and if the rest quit I would still be very happy. PS. I candled them like crazy and still am having a really successful hatch. I'm a newbie and couldn't keep from it.
hide.gif

I am really pleased! 16 viable eggs and 12 are already out. the other four have pipped internally and are still working on hatching. This is my first hatch ever and if the rest quit I would still be very happy. PS. I candled them like crazy and still am having a really successful hatch. I'm a newbie and couldn't keep from it.:oops:

I have been candling a lot more than I originally planned. It is just so neat to see what is going on in there. You are having a great hatch!

I can't wait because either tomorrow or Tuesday (probably tomorrow) I will candle my first batch of eggs! It won't be for a couple weeks but I can't wait to see how many make it to lockdown and how many hatch.

Back
Top Bottom