Incuview Incubator

I buy my oxine at Revivalanimal.com since they sell other animal health supplies and medications. That way i just place one order for all the supplies i will need for awhile. Its $24.99 for gal. but it last a long time if you use it correctly.

Thanks! bookmarked the site. We're new to poultry (finished our coop late Aug last year) but loving it so far! Collecting eggs from our 5 hens has become a morning routine for me & our 4-yr-old! What should I have in my poultry medicine cabinet? I have No-Pick & Rooster Booster Vitamins but what else is a must that we should have on hand at all times?

Am curious to see how the Incuview performs as a possible hatcher. We just hatched our first Silkie chicks! We used a Genesis 1588 but found it rather inconsistent (the humidity & temperature fluctuated constantly even when placed in a walk-in closet to somewhat control the ambient condition).

Thanks! bookmarked the site. We're new to poultry (finished our coop late Aug last year) but loving it so far! Collecting eggs from our 5 hens has become a morning routine for me & our 4-yr-old! What should I have in my poultry medicine cabinet? I have No-Pick & Rooster Booster Vitamins but what else is a must that we should have on hand at all times?
Its really up to you but a few things i always have is a bottle of Tylan 50 (antibiotic), Sulmet (for Coccidiosis), I use Valbazen as chicken wormer, VetRx (kinda like Vicks vapor rub for chickens). Hopefully you would never need these things but they are some i always keep on hand just in case anything pops up. The Oxine is great to put in a humidifier (without the activator) and place inside your coop. It disinfects the entire coop and birds but is safe for chicken to breath in.

Its really up to you but a few things i always have is a bottle of Tylan 50 (antibiotic), Sulmet (forCoccidiosis), I use Valbazen as chicken wormer, VetRx (kinda like Vicks vapor rub for chickens). Hopefully you would never need these things but they are some i always keep on hand just in case anything pops up. The Oxine is great to put in a humidifier (without the activator) and place inside your coop. It disinfects the entire coop and birds but is safe for chicken to breath in.

I'm so ordering the oxine & my son' sold Vicks humidifier would be perfect! I will run to TSC & see if they have those other things or will check Revival too so can be shipped together with Oxine. Thanks!:)

I rarely assist any chick in hatching. Maybe considered cruel by others but I only want the strong healthy chicks to pass genes on to future generations.They are making progress already on what appears to be the the small end though. I have several pullet eggs incubating and maybe that's the problem, It just looks like they are hatching from the small end because the egg is a pullet egg. I have to work this afternoon so i will just have to get updates from the wife.
I completely understand. I have to assist at least one in every batch. Some make it, others don't. It's a tough decision.

Its really up to you but a few things i always have is a bottle of Tylan 50 (antibiotic), Sulmet (for Coccidiosis), I use Valbazen as chicken wormer, VetRx (kinda like Vicks vapor rub for chickens). Hopefully you would never need these things but they are some i always keep on hand just in case anything pops up. The Oxine is great to put in a humidifier (without the activator) and place inside your coop. It disinfects the entire coop and birds but is safe for chicken to breath in.
I use Valbazen too. Also Safeguard & Ivermectin drops for spot-on treatment. Kills mites & some lice. VetRx is great! So many uses for that. I prefer Tylan 200 though. The 50 needs a much larger dose. I also have Liquamycin 200 (antibiotic), Poultry dust for mites/lice, Vetericyn (wound cleaner/disinfectant), Apple Cider Vinegar (with the "mother") for adding to their water, Poly-ViSol (baby vitamins without iron) helps with stargazing & splay leg among other things, & vetwrap.

A good site to have bookmarked is this one: https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart That should help you decide how to stock your emergency kit.

First chick is out. Its an Olive Egger chick and more are on the way. So far out of the 9 that made it to lockdown, 7 have piped and appear to be zipping.

I use Valbazen too. Also Safeguard & Ivermectin drops for spot-on treatment. Kills mites & some lice. VetRx is great! So many uses for that. I prefer Tylan 200 though. The 50 needs a much larger dose. I also have Liquamycin 200 (antibiotic), Poultry dust for mites/lice, Vetericyn (wound cleaner/disinfectant), Apple Cider Vinegar (with the "mother") for adding to their water, Poly-ViSol (baby vitamins without iron) helps with stargazing & splay leg among other things, & vetwrap.

A good site to have bookmarked is this one: https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart That should help you decide how to stock your emergency kit.

Thank you for all the information!:thumbsup What!s stargazing?

Back
Top Bottom