Incuview Incubator

Pics
Hmm... I wonder if it's because there's not enough 'grip' on the base mesh....or the stroke(distance of travel) of the device is not long enough for the egg to turn 180 degrees? Sorry, engineering trouble shooting brain kicking in.

Wonders then, if the 180 degree turn hatchers seem to employ 3 or 5 times a day is necessary....or just any frequent movement is enough to 'cook' an egg properly.

It does turn a full 180 degrees over the course of 4 turns, it just doesn't do it all in one go. There's an arm that turns in a circle and scoots the tray over a bit each time. I think the idea is just to jostle them to make sure the yolk doesn't stick to one place, and to make the embryo move to get back into position for exercise

If you think about it, a hen just adjusts eggs randomly under her. I doubt she marks her eggs and takes note of how many degrees she turns each of them. ;)

It does turn a full 180 degrees over the course of 4 turns, it just doesn't do it all in one go. There's an arm that turns in a circle and scoots the tray over a bit each time. I think the idea is just to jostle them to make sure the yolk doesn't stick to one place, and to make the embryo move to get back into position for exercise

If you think about it, a hen just adjusts eggs randomly under her. I doubt she marks her eggs and takes note of how many degrees she turns each of them. ;)

This incubator sounds great for the price. How thick is the plastic. Is it durable like the brinsea plastic?

This incubator sounds great for the price. How thick is the plastic. Is it durable like the brinsea plastic?

The top is sturdy clear plastic. The bottom is lighter and is somewhat flexible (not thick and rigid like a Brinsea) but not super flimsy either. The tray inside is very light and bendy but it appears to be reinforced with fiberglass so I don't think it would tear or snap easily. It's easy to wipe down which is nice for cleaning after hatching.

I think it's great for the price. A comparable Brinsea (digital controls, 20-egg capacity, turning cradle) will cost you over twice as much.

Ohhh.... so it turns it 45 degrees an hour, goes 4 hours then goes back the other way?

Yes I'm sure the hen doesn't count or measure, but we sure do. :D

Yes, the arm pulls the tray one way for half its rotation and pushes it the other way for the other half.

Congrats batchhatchin! :thumbsup
May I ask, how many eggs did you set? Hoping to hear another success IncuView success story.
Thanks for sharing.

I just reached my seventh day of my first set. I'm a third of the way there! I have 29 eggs incubating, four of which are bantam eggs. I'm nervous to candle because I hear from a few local old timers that fertility is an issue in the winter around here. I'll do my part, I know the IncuView is doing its part, so we're just hoping for the best.

I've now run 96 eggs until day 18 in total. I've been moving them to a hatcher for lockdown where I can get the humidity up. I have yet to have a single egg that made it to day 18 that didn't show movement when candled before they were left in the hatcher. I'm getting about 90% hatch rate.

Is it easy to maintain humidity with rings/sponges without the extra humidity kit?
Tips?

I am thinking of ordering one for incubating and one for hatching.

Thanks!

Leela

Back
Top Bottom