Incuview Incubator

Pics
I'm borrowing this unit from a friend for lockdown and do not have the user manual. Does anyone know if it is available as a PDF download anywhere online?
I'd like to know how to turn the temp down a degree or so. My current solution is to have the thermostat bent up above the egg level but obviously this is not ideal.

I'm borrowing this unit from a friend for lockdown and do not have the user manual. Does anyone know if it is available as a PDF download anywhere online?
I'd like to know how to turn the temp down a degree or so. My current solution is to have the thermostat bent up above the egg level but obviously this is not ideal.

These were posted earlier in this thread. For temperature press and hold the enter button for three seconds. Press the up or down button to get to the temp setting. Press enter again and you will then see an "*" asterisk in front of the text. Press up or down to change the setting. Press enter again to save the setting. Once you are done press the down button until it says "please wait". It will then go back to the main temp screen and you are done.

Hello Everyone. Thanks for all of your posts here. We have been listening. We take the quality of our products very seriously. We have been testing some of the statements about the fan guard and we don't have a concrete conclusion yet. We are testing to see if there is any difference with each of the different fan guards. We will let you know as soon as we have a conclusion. In the meantime if you have any solutions that you have come up with that you want to share, please do. We're all ears to hear of ways to allow increased airflow and restricted access for the birds.

Thanks for all your support and positive conversation.

Thanks for checking in and like has been said here before, your customer service/support rocks.

I'm headed to a computer store later today to see if they have any spacers in stock to try out.

So is the wire guard better than the plastic one as far as uniform temp and better air flow? Seems obvious but just asking. Will they just send you the wire guard free of charge if you call and ask?

I sent them an email and within a few days it arrived free of charge.

Well nuts. I wanted to go find some fan parts and the nearest computer supply store to me is about 20 miles from here. I ventured up that way yesterday to find a sign on the door saying that they are no longer open on Saturdays and sorry for the inconvenience. I even checked their website before going up and it said nothing about being closed. One would think a computer store would at least change the hours on their website :)

Lock-down for this batch is tomorrow. I hope I can make time to get back up there before they close.

I sent them an email and within a few days it arrived free of charge.

Well nuts. I wanted to go find some fan parts and the nearest computer supply store to me is about 20 miles from here. I ventured up that way yesterday to find a sign on the door saying that they are no longer open on Saturdays and sorry for the inconvenience. I even checked their website before going up and it said nothing about being closed. One would think a computer store would at least change the hours on their website :)

Lock-down for this batch is tomorrow. I hope I can make time to get back up there before they close.
I know, right!?!
I always call first, if I have to travel more than a few miles.

Best of CLuck!

Wow I just candled (Day 14) and 17 out of my 18 eggs are going strong. Surprisingly the cracked egg is still developing, it was another egg that looks like an early quitter.

I don't want to jinx it but if they all make it this may be my best hatch yet!

I won't get my hopes too high though because most of my failures have been with chicks that developed all the way and then never pipped. I have yet to figure out the reason but maybe this time will be different. I've been staying on top of my humidity.

I still find it hard to believe a chick got their feet up in the fan and agree with others in this thread who think the turning tray was left on.
I'm going to modify this screen for better air flow and also leave enough material so that a chick can't get their head in the fan.
Well, I too found it hard to believe, and said as much here on this forum. Until I saw it happen.

When the chicks are roaming around in the incubator, they can sometimes flip on their back and their little toes stick up in the air for a moment. If that happens right under the fan (as it was originally designed) the tip of a toe can easily slip past the fan guard and WHAM! It happens as fast as snapping your fingers.

I am not the only one this has happened to. I don't think it's a common occurrence, but the chick can bleed to death pretty quickly if it's not bandaged right away.

Yes, my turning tray was out at the time.

I did one simple thing to prevent this from happening on the next hatch: I turned a glass bowl upside down under the fan. It's got to be tall enough that the chicks can't stand on it, of course. I used one similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Bakewar...d=1422255268&sr=8-8&keywords=glass+pyrex+bowl

So, anyone who wishes to use the original fan guard could do this and I don't think it should affect the temperature much at all? The downside is you'd have to give up some of the real-estate on the incubator floor. But after removing any blanks and quitters, that shouldn't be a huge issue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom