Incuview Incubator

Pics
Well I've read all 490 posts on this thread, and am convinced that the Incuview is the incubator I want to get. I had settled on a Brinsea octagon 20 ECO, but they raised the price on Amazon from 249.00 to 289.00 So I started looking for something that was more cost effective, and believe this is the one. I'm impressed with the reports of customer service, and the in depth study that so many of you have posted thank you all for the great pics and posts. I'm thinking a wire cage from fan to floor during lockdown/ hatch time would possibly be a solution (probably overkill) for the circulation and limb thing, but will have to think that one through for a while.

Cleaned up the bator and it is awaiting new arrivals. My initial review.

Pros:
Good price for the size
Awesome view into the unit
Auto turning tray
Adjustable controls (heat, turning and other advanced functions)
Super easy to clean and sanitize after a hatch
Easy to perform modifications
Can run off of a 12V battery in the event of a power failure
Customer service/support grade A+
Did I mention the awesome view?

Cons:
Uneven temperatures on the floor. Outer area can be 2-2.5 degrees F warmer than the center area
Tight mesh fan guard restricts way too much air flow

I would definitely recommend this incubator to somebody who is knowledgeable about hatching eggs.
I would be hesitant to recommend it to a complete newbie.

We will be incubating another batch hopefully starting this weekend. I'm definitely interested to see if my fan intake modification will even out the eggshell temperatures. Stay tuned :)

I had set 13 eggs.

1 was infertile (I guess technically this one would not count.)

3 Hatched, but one died in the incubator

1 pipped and zipped halfway, but died.

The others I left in during incubation because they became hard to tell...being my first time I left them in because I was too nervous to toss them.
hit.gif

I had set 13 eggs.

1 was infertile (I guess technically this one would not count.)

3 Hatched, but one died in the incubator

1 pipped and zipped halfway, but died.

The others I left in during incubation because they became hard to tell...being my first time I left them in because I was too nervous to toss them.
hit.gif
So many things could have went wrong---some out of your control.

Did you open the eggs that did not hatch? If so were they fully developed?
How old were the eggs?
Were they yours or shipped?
Did you stop turning from day 18 till the end?
Did you increase your moisture the last 3 days?
Did you open the incubator to add water after day 18?
Did you open to remove chicks as they hatched or waited till after the hatch date to open?

Alot of Questions, but these are important questions.

Back
Top Bottom