Incuview Incubator

Did you have any detached air cells @Jennrz ?

@Molpet do you have your eggs yet...detached cells?

I think I might have. I didn't know what to look for with the first batch. The second I did. There were a couple that I let sit upright and I do remember having a few saddle cells, but I can't remember if those did/didn't hatch alright. My note taking dropped off once the excitement of hatching started. :pop

Has anybody hatched shipped eggs in the incuview?
I bought some white laced red cornish for my first shipped egg adventure.. duh should of done something cheaper first. Didn't think about keeping them upright.
I have hatch shipped eggs in all my 3 batches this year. I had them all laying down as normal. A lot of variables on shipped eggs. I even had an 80% hatch rate on one batch on eggs shipped from FL to CT. I also had 0% on eggs shipped from PA to CT. I think a lot has to do with your supplier.

I have hatch shipped eggs in all my 3 batches this year. I had them all laying down as normal. A lot of variables on shipped eggs. I even had an 80% hatch rate on one batch on eggs shipped from FL to CT. I also had 0% on eggs shipped from PA to CT. I think a lot has to do with your supplier.

I think I might have. I didn't know what to look for with the first batch. The second I did. There were a couple that I let sit upright and I do remember having a few saddle cells, but I can't remember if those did/didn't hatch alright. My note taking dropped off once the excitement of hatching started. :pop

Thanks I have hope LOL

Did you have any detached air cells @RoosterML?

I think detached air cells is the clincher between laying them down and keeping them upright?
All were!! Actually I had a really hard time finding the aircells on all the shipped eggs. Even the white leghorns I had a hard time that are hatching right now as I type this. Once they arrived I would let them set small end down in a carton overnight and next day I put them in the incubator laying down like normal.

Also just a comment about the incuview. This incubator has not stopped working for more than 1 week over the past few months. It has served me real well. My last batch for awhile is hatching as I write this.
D3B3B5C2-7D23-418D-B88B-12EC60DEDAB6.jpeg
Here’s a photo of the first chick hatched of the last batch (for awhile) . 3 batches done.
Rock solid unit highly recommended once you get it figured out and set.
Side not @aart the radiant heat method worked great in the brooder!!
Thanks again @aart for the help over the past few months, wow time flies by.

All were!! Actually I had a really hard time finding the aircells on all the shipped eggs. Even the white leghorns I had a hard time that are hatching right now as I type this. Once they arrived I would let them set small end down in a carton overnight and next day I put them in the incubator laying down like normal.
Did you check that cells were reattached...
.... or just go for broke?

Did you check that cells were reattached...
.... or just go for broke?
I checked when I received the eggs as well as just before placing them in the incubator I believe 99.9% were saddle shaped. Not moving when egg was moved. I was getting into the habit of tracing the air cell prior to placement but never really traced any of the saddle shaped ones.

Back
Top Bottom