Indian Runner Cayuga Ducks need good home

noodlebell

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 6, 2014
Auburn, GA
So, I think I need to find a home for two of my 5 month old male ducks. They are becoming aggressive with each other and with my females. The fact is I have too many males (6:4). I hate that I even have to write this. But, if any of you knows someone in Georgia that would give these 2 sweet boys a safe and wonderful home please have them contact me. Or if you have any suggestions on how to deal with the 6 males to 4 males ratio I would appreciate that as well. I'm trying to do what's best for them and for my other ducks. They are Indian runner and cayuga mix and are black/ green.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    550.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    548.3 KB · Views: 80
So, I think I need to find a home for two of my 5 month old male ducks. They are becoming aggressive with each other and with my females. The fact is I have too many males (6:4). I hate that I even have to write this. But, if any of you knows someone in Georgia that would give these 2 sweet boys a safe and wonderful home please have them contact me. Or if you have any suggestions on how to deal with the 6 males to 4 males ratio I would appreciate that as well. I'm trying to do what's best for them and for my other ducks. They are Indian runner and cayuga mix and are black/ green.
I'm in Jacksonville FL I could help with 1 or 2

Best bet would be the run 2 flocks. One with all males and the other all females or one male and the rest females. 4:4 is still going to be hard on your girls. What about adding just females to the flock?
I have 2 runs already, I just don't know if it's fair for them...

I'm hoping to find someone closer to here, but if I can't maybe me can meet up.
Best bet would be the run 2 flocks. One with all males and the other all females or one male and the rest females. 4:4 is still going to be hard on your girls. What about adding just females to the flock?
It's hard to find just females, how would I go about this?

Quite a few members keep all drakes together and it may work as long as they can't see the females or hear them. I think in your situation it's best to re home because they will continue to fight and one will most likely get injured or killed. I have had to make that decision for the best for my flock it is hard but to see how much it helps the flock makes it better.

Back
Top Bottom