Indian runner ducklings

Does color or looks help with sexing?? One is more yellow then the other two
Can you tell what color runners these will be?? View attachment 2031349View attachment 2031351View attachment 2031352

If you know what you're doing in terms of being actually trained, you can use vent-sexing to determine sex. Otherwise you'll just have to wait until they get their "adult voices" to see whether or not they quack.

Unless you've actually been trained, figure it's best not to vent sex because you can easily injure the ducklings.

If you know what you're doing in terms of being actually trained, you can use vent-sexing to determine sex. Otherwise you'll just have to wait until they get their "adult voices" to see whether or not they quack.

Unless you've actually been trained, figure it's best not to vent sex because you can easily injure the ducklings.

Ok well none told me that before and I tried it , I know how ( not trained , but learned) and I’m ever so careful and gentle
But I’m stupid as hell and I just can’t tell Lolol I know basically what to look for and I seen none but I feel like I just didn’t get it to show maybe I just don’t know

Ok well none told me that before and I tried it , I know how ( not trained , but learned) and I’m ever so careful and gentle
But I’m stupid as hell and I just can’t tell Lolol I know basically what to look for and I seen none but I feel like I just didn’t get it to show maybe I just don’t know

From what I understand you gently open the vent and wait a bit. If a little penis shows itself, it's a drake. Otherwise it's a female. Here's a pretty good video on it using what seems to be Pekins:

They are cute babies and they do look like fawn and white runners or at least they look like mine did. How sweet. I am personally not comfortable vent sexing ducklings even if I watch YouTube to show me how. They are tiny little things and it is just not worth it to me.

Vent sexing is traumatic no matter how gentle and starts the relation ship off with distrust
They seemed fine with it actually and they come sit right in my hand so it’s all good but I just don’t know by what I saw , it wasn’t clear cut so I don’t know anyway and that’s upsetting

NOT now you can't! Those ducks are way too old to do that! Do NOT do this!

From what I understand you gently open the vent and wait a bit. If a little penis shows itself, it's a drake. Otherwise it's a female. Here's a pretty good video on it using what seems to be Pekins:

Ya, but you haven't actually tried to do it. It's not as easy as it seems on the videos and I don't think encouraging it is a desirable and safe thing to do!

Back
Top Bottom