Indian Runner Ducks

How do i now if my Indian Runners are males or females they dont have any curly features in the back and they only whisper to each other they do not quack even when picked up.

Hello fellow duck lovers. I have two indian runners but I live in ontario Canada and our winters can be harsh. I can not find any information online about how they do or if they can do winters. Does any one have any advice for winter? What proper shelter? I know I should be feeding them more, but anything in particular? Thanks in advanced!

Hello fellow duck lovers. I have two indian runners but I live in ontario Canada and our winters can be harsh. I can not find any information online about how they do or if they can do winters. Does any one have any advice for winter? What proper shelter? I know I should be feeding them more, but anything in particular? Thanks in advanced!

Amiga has Indian Runners and can give you all kinds of info, may take a few days for her to answer since she is away right now but I think if you PM her she would be a good one to talk too.

Welcome to BYC!!

Hello this is my first post! Anyways I was wondering if I should get some runners. I'm fairly new to duck raising but I fell in love with my little flock and I was interested in new funny ducks that forage well and lay lots of eggs and runner sounded perfect. So please tell me if they are a good fit or if you have a better one!

I have 2 fawn & white hens that r 1 yr old. I had them in t/house (in our living rm) for/t first month or more when we first got them as ducklings. Having them so close & interacting w/me & my DH created a very close bond. They r both very friendly & easy going/calm, sure they get startled from the dog running by them, but not much else scares them.
Now, i just bought 12 ducklings (6 runners, 4 buff & 2 pekins) i had to put them oitside about the 3rd or 4th week (too smelly & we were having carpet installed & we needed t/room). They r a flock & they stick together, get scared very easily, especially if one gets scared, they all get scared. I have my hands full w/so many all at once. Each day is progress, w/my patience & soft voice & of course treats & food & routine they r calming down & feeling safe w/me. They r so fun to watch grow & play & explore & develope their personalities. Hope u get some runners & love them as much as we all do.

Back
Top Bottom