Indian runner personality

mamdoe

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Ok! New to ducks and I think I have narrowed it down to Indian Runners!
Can any of you tell me a little about your birds personalities..both good and bad?
Much appreciated!
:lol:

Zehn
0.jpg

Our first winter:

0.jpg

OMG Amiga, that second clip of them in the snow is just ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I want MORE runners!! LOL They really are clowns.

I've had the range of personalities in my runners.

Blue was super friendly. She was great. Ally was ok with anything Blue was ok with, but with reservation. Cadbury always hung back. When Blue died, Cadbury took lead duck roll.
Ally remained super friendly. Cadbury started to get a bit more friendly.
They are curious. Smart. Friendly. And have a blast in the rain.

Are these darker ducks runners or KC? I was told KC when I bought them.
[/IMG]

:lol:
Snow ducks!!! That was the best! Thank you so much for posting. They are sooo funny.
So do they prefer to stay in most the winter? Do you have just hens or drakes as well?
I guess duck personality and chicken personality are much the same. I'm just soo excited I can't stop wanting to ask questions.
My duckling should be here today! I will post pics when they come.

The Indian runner ducklings were supposed to arrive yesterday, I took my 9 year old daughter with me to pick up and found out that the shipment was delayed until Monday :(
But my DD was not about to walk out of that place without a duckling so we ended up coming home with 2 Pekin. :p
They are pretty darn cute and sweet..but I still have my heart set on runners, so I'm going back Monday to pick up a few more. Funny..how 3 ducklings quickly turns to 5 ducklings.
I did the same thing when I started with chickens..6 chicks quickly turned to 15! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom