Indian runner vs khaki campbell temperament.

Indian Runners and Khaki Campbells, which are tamer?

• Total voters
Can we have a picture of both actually?:pop
This is from the fall, they miss their pool!
681BE59B-4FF1-4EEC-BAC3-B54AFC867B20.jpeg

View attachment 1650694

Last edited:
Yep they aren’t much for being picked up but they are such clowns I love them. Your Muscovy and Runner are beautiful @rabiee
She is just the sweetest, I love her little quacks and she loves to forage. My muscovy is the complete opposite, she is the boss and puts everyone in their place lol. She'll fly off and my runner goes running after her. I can't wait to get her some friends :)

So I would say if you want a "cuddle" duck (ducks aren't the best cuddle pets and if you do get one consider yourself very lucky) I would go with the KC. If you want great entertainment with antics and still a friendly duck, I would go with runners.

great thread- as you guyz know I am a new owner of 12 runner clowns and they are very sweet yet not like a pet----- but I do hold them and get nose to nose with each one.

Yep they aren’t much for being picked up but they are such clowns I love them.

Well my current pekins aren't so much into cuddles either. They don't mind being held but first I have to be able to circle them between my arms, which is quite a feat. I guess I picked them up too much :lau. But my female do come nibble on me from time to time, which is the only time I can hug, cuddle, and go nose to nose with her. Well if I can do that more often I'd be perfectly happy. I hope my new runners will at least let me do that. Yep, you read it right I've decided on runners. The number of votes isn't statistically significant but judging by the comments and my preference for the cuteness of runners I've decided to go for it. They (the eggs) will be here tomorrow around noon :ya. I only ordered 12 because I hatched out 20 out of 24 last time lol, so hoping I can get the same hatch rate again.

:wee:wee:wee
Oh boy! Can't wait to see the baby pics!!! :pop

Baby pics :love

28 days from now. :jumpy
But sadly, 9 out of 12 eggs arrived with detached air cells (8 look really bad), so I'm just sitting them up pointy end down for now. Hoping for the best. :fl (My previous batch of 24 shipped eggs were in perfect condition so I didn't expect this)

Last edited:
I have both. A female KC, a male KC and 2 female runners. The male KC is the most likely to eat out of my hand, then the Female KC. The runners, they run like hell the other way...lol. The runners are more content when held(after I catch them) and they are defintely more agile and more likely to test things first. They are all fun to watch and they get along great. The runners are more vocal. The drake is the calmest.

Back
Top Bottom