Indiana 2010 Chickenstock-2011 NEWS!!

I may have FBCM pullets if my hen's egg laying shapes up. She has started laying sporadically rather than regularly and the eggs are a lighter color and rather rough textured. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening? I haven't tried to hatch any of those--was getting good hatches from her but have sold most of those. The ones I still have are too small to sex.

Quote:
Oh good. I just bid on some eggs, but it's only 6, and I don't know what kind of hatch rate I'll have, or how many of those will be roos, etc. Do let me know if you plan to bring some pullets. : )

I really want some buff silkie hens anyone have any I'm tossing around buying a buff silkie rooster from Little Ameraucana Mom....but I'll need hens can anyone point me in the right direction!

Quote:
I'm suppose to be getting Silkie eggs next month from cjexotic, and provided they hatch (keeping my fingers crossed!!!), I might have some Buff Silkies to bring. First I need to figure out from where I'm going to make the money for these eggs magically appear. But I will be getting some from all her pens, in all the colors, so who knows what I'll have to bring. The bad news is that they will only be around 7 or 8 weeks at the time of Chickenstock, so I don't know if I'll be able to sex them at that time. It took about 4 to 5 months before I figured out that my Silkie roo was a roo and not just another pullet. And he didn't start crowing til he was about 10 months old! Course now he won't shut up, lol. I'll let everyone know for sure what I have to bring as we get closer to chickenstock.

Quote:
I'm suppose to be getting Silkie eggs next month from cjexotic, and provided they hatch (keeping my fingers crossed!!!), I might have some Buff Silkies to bring. First I need to figure out from where I'm going to make the money for these eggs magically appear. But I will be getting some from all her pens, in all the colors, so who knows what I'll have to bring. The bad news is that they will only be around 7 or 8 weeks at the time of Chickenstock, so I don't know if I'll be able to sex them at that time. It took about 4 to 5 months before I figured out that my Silkie roo was a roo and not just another pullet. And he didn't start crowing til he was about 10 months old! Course now he won't shut up, lol. I'll let everyone know for sure what I have to bring as we get closer to chickenstock.

Cool maybe we could trade I'm hatching out ducklings right now.... they are due to hatch on the 27th. I set 56 and I candled yesterday at a little over a week and 51 are developing well!!!! So I may have alot of extra ducklings!

Quote:

Cool maybe we could trade I'm hatching out ducklings right now.... they are due to hatch on the 27th. I set 56 and I candled yesterday at a little over a week and 51 are developing well!!!! So I may have alot of extra ducklings!

Good to hear you'll be bringing some ducks.. Wouldn't mind adding a few of those here.

Quote:

Good to hear you'll be bringing some ducks.. Wouldn't mind adding a few of those here.

I love my swedes they are sooo quiet and they are beautifly marked.... they are so gentle too and calm. I will probably bring mostly blacks and a few blues.

Quote:

I love my swedes they are sooo quiet and they are beautifly marked.... they are so gentle too and calm. I will probably bring mostly blacks and a few blues.

Yeah, by August I might need at least another Swedish hen. I bought 4 Swede babies in early March and, well, I think I got 3 drakes and a hen.
sad.png
They're only around 8 weeks now, so I can't be certain, but one is a real loudmouth like my Mallard hen, but the other 3 are quiet like my Mallard drake. No curly tails just yet though. I'd like another Silver though. Right now I have a Blue, a Splash, a Silver, and a Black. I love that each looks different from the next and I can call them by name and know who it is I'm talking to. But my Silver, that's the one I'm nearly positive is my hen, is so beautiful. Here are my Swedes:
29191_chicks_outside_playing_may_11th_2010_104.jpg

Do you get any that look like her ever? When she's dry, she's stunning. She has a touch of silver to her white feathers and I think she is just beautiful, even if she is a crab apple, lol. My black one is the sweetheart. I'll let you know when I get the Silkie eggs and how the hatch goes. I'm praying for a good hatch!

you have two blues a silver and a black. I have a black drake so i dont get those at all! but you can tell with swedes pretty early green beak= drake blue or black bill= hen... sometimes you can sex them from hatch... I hope your silkie hatch goes well too....I might trade off the last pair of my seramas I have for sale and get some young buff silkies

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom