INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Lol, Great Danes are awesome dogs! My parents had 3 when I was a little kid. They have great tempermeants and love attention. Ours were also so calm.

2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

3. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    [​IMG]my big girls love to help in the garden. so cute

1 person likes this.
  4. ShawnaScott

ShawnaScott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2013
    Frankfort, IN
    I have sad news to report. We got chicken wire up to prevent any more chicken Houdini's from escaping during the night, and we have been working on getting a temporary run/fence. In between those times we were letting the dogs out on a cable. Today my MIL came over unannounced and let one dog out, and as I scrambled to get her in before she took after the chickens, MIL came out and let a second dog out. I lost half my flock.

5. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Man so sorry to hear that! It's always a lot harder for me when it's my own animal that's another one if my animals.

6. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Had a nice surprise phone call today. My sister In law called and said my brother and family friend are butchering chickens and wanted to know if I wanted to help. We got 18 Cornish X free from other family friends. They were extras they raised for 4H and weren't going to show them. Not sure why they didn't want to butcher them, but Im not complaining! Can't beat free fresh chickens and not having to deal with raising and feeding the stinky things!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  7. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Wow! I'm sorry for your loss. All that was done while you were catching the dogs? I'm stunned that your dogs are such efficient killers. I am at somewhat of a loss for words.

If you want the SLW & GLW roos back that you gave me, you're welcome to them. They are headed to freezer camp otherwise.

Again, sorry for your loss. You must be beside yourself with grief. I saw how you were with your feathered friends.

John

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  8. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm bumping because this thread moves faster than a speeding bullet. ;) I need a mid- level roosting pullet or two. My LF cochin hen roosts alone because everyone else goes up higher than she can reach. They also don't treat her very well, since she isn't a wyandotte like them lol. She hangs out with the silkies, but they sleep on the floor. Thanks

9. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    oh no I am so sorry! :( So frustrating and sad.

10. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Oh no! That is awful. :'(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by