INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Congrats! What kinds did you get?

2. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Do you have any recent pictures of your beardless silkie? I might have room for her if she is really a she. :)
    Kristin, As always your pics are lovely. What kind of hen is Olive? She is very pretty too. [/quote] Olive's a production Rhode Island red hen, a retiree at the ripe old age of 7 years old. :D

1 person likes this.
  3. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Welcome kitinwest! Its always exciting when you get chicks.

4. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    These pictures are a couple weeks old. I can try to get new ones tomorrow.
    The one on the left
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bradselig

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    And if anyone is interested in the Roos, here are some pictures (again taken several weeks ago on 6/30/13)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

She is pretty! I would like to wait for tomorrow's pictures if you get some so I can decide, but I am definitely interested! :D

7. bradselig

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Not a problem! Ill try to get some straight on of her face/comb too.

8. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    kitinwest~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread! Please look on page 1006, post 10055 (just a couple of days ago) for info about being an Indiana member. We have lots of friendly and knowledgable people who are here to help you with your new chicks. We all just love photos, too!
    Originally Posted by freeflyin [​IMG]
    Hey John, I just read this. I'm looking for some ideas for my brother's chicken coop. He is also in a wheelchair. Do you think you could pm me or post some plans or pictures?
    freeflyin~ Since John no longer had info, I Googled: handicap accessible chicken coop ---and found lots of links. I remember you posting about your brother's accident and plans for chickens. Hope you're enjoying a break from UE. : - )
    animallover~ Hope you had good luck at the 4H Fair!
    julie0477~ Sorry to hear about your bad luck! That's sad about your hen getting hit on the road. My five hens have been helping me with landscaping in the front yard and my RIR has a bad habit of moseying off by herself near the road. My RIR is not as pretty as Pipd's Olive, but her crazy personality is somehow endearing.
    Photo of invalid Violet, my Lavender orp pullet with a torn leg tendon and her nursemaid Adeline, my Jubilee orp pullet.
    Violet was sitting like a hen with her tail feathers pointed up, which was a good sign. Of course when I got my camera, she changed positions. Her face is still a little damp in this photo from her bath and hair dryer blow-out. Adeline helps groom her, too.

[​IMG]

9. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I would like to have him, I have 1 roo for 12 girls. I do have a very handsome EE roo but he is very shy, about 5 months old now. I may have an extra LO roo also who is very outgoing and social. Will look tomorrow. PM if you are interested [​IMG]

10. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by