INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    I'll repost the invite when I get home later tonight. And if you PM me, I'll also send directions and contact info as well as the invite directly to you.

2. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Quote: Kristin, As always your pics are lovely. What kind of hen is Olive? She is very pretty too.

3. kitinwest

kitinwest Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2013
    Hello Hoosiers! I am new and just wanted to say hello. I'm still finding my way around here and hope to learn alot!

4. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    The local fruit and veggie market had over ripe peaches discounted. Threw a bunch in the freezer and have been giving them to the chickens the last few days. They swarm me as soon as they see what I have for them.

2 people like this.
  5. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Welcome. We are new to this also, first time chickeners this year. We have found a lot of info on this forum, and also found out this is a very active thread! Do you have any chickens??

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Hi and welcome! Do you have any chickens yet?

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ha! I just asked the same thing, I really should start reading more carefully lol.

8. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    As requested, here is the invite to the party again. We will also be doing a fermented food demo in addition to what is listed.

[​IMG]INVITATION!!! It's a CHICKEN PARTY [​IMG][​IMG]

I've been talking to jchny2000 about her idea for a get-together for the Indiana BYCers. She wasn't able to find a good place to hold it near her house, so I am volunteering to have it at my place.

On Sunday 28 July, my DSO (Significant Other) and I are going to host a meeting of the Central Indiana Poultry Enthusiasts. This is a small club of chicken folk from the general Indy area that meet every other month at the house of one of the members. We admire the hosts chickens and coops, talk endlessly about our birds, and shamelessly steal their best ideas to make our chicks more comfortable (kinda like we do on here![​IMG])

We'd like to invite anyone from the forum here that would like to come and meet other people as crazy about chickens as we are.

Here are some details and Ideas.

The meeting is usually from 3 to 5 or 6ish. Bring a lawn chair and a snack to share. Drinks will be provided. The DSO loves to cook, so there will be some fun things to eat too. There will be a tour of our coop and run setup and a meet and greet with our chickens and turkeys. We call it a meeting, but it really is just a chance to socialize with other chicken folk.

One of the things that was talked about was a workshop on processing poultry. I am blessed/cursed with an overabundance of boys at the current time. So I would like to propose that anyone interested in this portion of chickendom can show up around 11, and we can put on the workshop then. If you have a bird that needs to have that 'One Bad Day', go ahead and bring it. I can promise to have at least one bird for demo purposes and will probably have more than that if one or two people want to try their hand at it. For those that are not interested in this, we promise to be done and all cleaned up before 3.

Another idea is that if you know someone else who is coming and would like to arrange to swap/sell/transfer birds, that is fine by me. I have a large garage that has never seen my chickens, so I can offer it up as a place to keep birds being swapped so that they can be out of the sun and not kept in a car. Please make your arrangements ahead of time, and only bring birds that are already spoken for.

Our farm is located just east of Mooresville, IN. Which is located just SW of Indy not too far from the airport.

I'm just paranoid enough about things to not want to post my address and phone number on the forum where it is available to anyone and everyone, so what I would like to propose is that if you are interested in coming, please send me a PM, and I'll put together an email to send out to the participants with all the pertinent details.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, send me a note.

Hope you can make it![​IMG]
    Patrick

9. kitinwest

Jul 21, 2013
    I just got my chicks today! I have been planning for awhile though. I should have put that in my post!

10. kitinwest

Jul 21, 2013
    I just got my chicks today! I have been planning for awhile though. I should have put that in my post. I read a few library books, but I know it is a learning process!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by