INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. EmilyOfIndiana

EmilyOfIndiana Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Centrail Indiana

I know, they are a great deal larger than my phyllis.. I am looking for Cochin but I need a bigger bird. So I need full size so those birds of yours are right up my alley.

2. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
  3. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    We're still trying to decide if we can make the drive down from northern Indiana for next week's chicken fest. I wanted to look at the info about it again, but I can't remember when it was last posted & I don't have a lot of time to search a gazillion posts! Could it be posted one more time, please?

Brad -- did you say you were or were not able to come? Chloe would like to learn to process some of her quail. If he's not there, can anyone else teach quail processing? She also just got her first quail egg 2 days ago!

4. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    No I wont be able to make it. One of the many downfalls in working retail. Honestly it is really easy to process quail and I do it in the kichen. When I get home ill type out how I do it.

5. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

No I won't be there. Thanks for looking though. :) Hopefully I will find some Cochin hens Up here. I don't really want to start with chicks. So Ill have to keep looking.

6. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Thanks. The silver streak is one of hubby's faves too. She is het albino and pos het pied. We're pretty sure she's het pied due to her coloration.
    Dogs, chickens, and snakes oh my! [​IMG] It is a zoo around here!

7. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Chicken fest??? Yes I second the repost request please!!!!

8. freeflyin

freeflyin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Hey John,

I just read this. I'm looking for some ideas for my brother's chicken coop. He is also in a wheelchair. Do you think you could pm me or post some plans or pictures?

9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I am bringing a cast aluminum canner that measures 12.5d x 10.5h. Will that work?

John

10. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    I don't know whether LittleAmericanaMom still keeps Brahmas, but you might ask her. I have AS youngsters that are old enough to sex. I don't know where you are located, but in northern Indiana there will be swaps at Wolf Lake in August and Knox in September and October. Further south there are shows in Spencer and Bloomington in September and always sale coops there. There are also sale coops at the State Fair poultry show Aug 12-14.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by