INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    They live in Columbus, IN. It has been 15 or 20 years and the son has moved out. I think it has been torn down and I never took any pictures. Sorry.

John

2. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    After looking up both breeds last night, I agree that they look like they could be good choices. I will talk to her again and see what she has. I am in Greencastle, kind of between Terre Haute and Indy, but I have family all around the state and am willing to come get them in many areas. The AS were really lovely to look at and one or two would be good if I could get something else to raise them with at the same time. We really enjoyed taking care of the chicks from the day old stage, but really its all been good except that I have to limit my numbers. I will definitely look for the shows in Spencer and Bloomington because they are a nice drive from here. Thank you again.

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I'm south of Indianapolis but way North of Evansville. I have RIR hens that are production hens and will be 1 year old in Oct. If you are interested send me a PM. I also have 2 week old chicks and lots of 16 week old roosters.

4. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    Got Buler my Polish chicken checked in ok got rid of the lice :) if you guys come to my county fair you'll probably see me and Buler :)

5. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    My youngsters are 10 weeks old today! Nothing like spending time with the girls (edit: and boys, too) to make everything feel right with the world. :)

Hika Ma the EE bantam:

[​IMG]

Huka the Silver Lakenvelder:

[​IMG]

Ihi the Golden Campine:

[​IMG]

Marama the Egyptian Fayoumi:

[​IMG]

Po baby the black Cochin bantam:

[​IMG]

Rangi the Ancona:

[​IMG]

Roha the Exchequer Leghorn:

[​IMG]

And Whiri, my all too pretty Light Brown Leghorn girl :love

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    For the devotees, here is Rangi!!

[​IMG]

Thinking of flying to my shoulder:

[​IMG]

Having a rest:

[​IMG]

Sitting on my lap :love

[​IMG]

And just for fun, here's one of my old girls, Olive:

[​IMG]

7. freeflyin

freeflyin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks anyways John! I'm sure we'll come up with lots of good ideas for him anyways!

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Ok, who wants some free silkies and hard feathered showgirls? I have 2 buff silkie Roos, 2 showgirl roos, and a Beardless silkie that's looking like a pullet but not 100%. Someone please come and take them lol. The silkie Roos are around 18 weeks, the others around 15 weeks. The buff roos are from papabrooder's stock from eggs I bought from him and the other three from local breeder.

9. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Ugh what a crappy evening. I came home and one of my 6-year old hens had been hit in the road ( I REALLY need to get that run done) and my 11 week bantams had pooped all over my porch. That didnt bother me so much -- I can just hose it off, but it looked like they all had diahrrea. I am hoping it was just due to all the treats I gave them today. I gave the chickens a huge watermelon and some cantaloupe scraps this afternoon. I don't usually give them all that at once <sigh> They are all acting ok so I hope they aren't sick. I'll see how things look in the morning. Oh, and my daughter lost my phone charger. Dang it!

10. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Pipd - All the chicks are cute but Olive is a very pretty lady. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by