INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    countrybiggen~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread! Please look at the top of page 1116 for info about the Indiana Thread. That's great of you to take in birds-- make sure to specify if roosters are welcome!
    Well thank you-- I noticed a new thingy on my avatar, but to be honest, I haven't gotten around to reading that link about what the badges and designations are all about. I didn't know there was a Recognition Awards thread, either. I'd like to look around the entire site, but I never seem to have time. When I first "joined" BYC, I just looked at it a couple of times a month at the most, but then I ran across the Indiana Thread, I was hooked! [​IMG]

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Anyone near Huntington county interested in fertility testing some jumbo coturnix quail eggs? I just put a dozen eggs in my incubator, but averaging 4-5 eggs a day now. I have 5 collected today so will have at least a dozen by Friday. I'm storing these in my basement on a little giant egg turner. All I ask is you keep me informed on how they develop.

3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG] AWESOME! WELL DESERVED TOO! [​IMG]

[​IMG] and our thread, nice to meet you [​IMG]

4. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I wish i was closer, i would do it. Hatching is slowing way down since ducks and geese have stopped for the year. I have a full set of quail rails but no eggs yet. How old were they when they started to lay? I would even pay for shipping if you wanted to ship.

5. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Welcome countrybiggen!!!

M2H- Congrats on the award!!! You deserve it :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

The Recognition Awards thread is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...tion-awards-april-july-2013-winners-announced :)

Yeah, I find myself checking the Indiana thread several times throughout the day. :lol: It's so disappointing to get online and have no posts to read here! (Trust me, though, it doesn't happen often.)

On another subject, a little chicken tale. I think I've become attached to Margaret already. She's so sassy, but has such a soft, sweet voice! :love Moments ago, I realized that I had forgotten to get her inside for the night. She is in the garage during the day, with the back door open and covered in a frame we built with welded wire over it for fresh air. It isn't terribly secure, and so she sleeps in a cat carrier in the laundry room every night. Well, Margaret has taken to roosting on the fence I made her quarantine pen out of while she waits for me to come get her inside for the night. She was there, of course, when I went to get her, and boy did I get an ear full! I sat her on her cat carrier to give her my most profuse apologies for my tardiness, and she was just a honking away (she's at that age between peep and cluck, I guess), and giving me the stink-eye all the while. :lol: What a silly bird!

[​IMG]

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have been looking for some bantams, but havent had luck finding much. I will be going to indy on friday, coming from bluffton, so I dont want to go far out of my way, but a little is okay. I am very intersted in old english game bantams.But will consider spangled hamburgs, cochins, d'uccles, d;anvers, thats all I can thing of right now but if you have anything else let me know. I only have LF right now, well execpt for 5 chicks, but have raised them before and have a seperate place for them. I am also very interested in multiple roosters, how often do you hear that lol?!? I am going to show them that is why. I have seperate little areas where I can put them and throw a few hens in with them. Show quality, please. If you have any you are looking to get rid of please pm me. Of course it has to be before friday because that is when i will be leaving and I dont have internet on my phone. Thanks

8. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

9. bradselig

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I've yet to ship eggs, so a little nervous to do so. I will be going to Indy sept 17 for work if you'd like some quail eggs I can bring them down with me then. I would have to meet in the morning and typically have to be in Indy at 8. So we'd have to meet around 7am. Otherwise, I could try shipping, or if CCCCCCHICKENS is able to take them down with her on Friday. Only thing is they seem to be laying late afternoon easily evening so it would be less than 10 eggs.

10. bradselig

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I have then single OEGB hen and she is great. I've been thinking of finding her a new home only because she used to free range but the new roos are way too big and I feel bad when they try to mount her. It looks like he is going to squash her. So she's in my silkie pen but they aren't able to free range. She loved being out. I guess I just need to build a tractor for her and the silkies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by