INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I don't have any extra Rhodebars or legbars at the moment. I do have a dozen legbar eggs in the bator, but I seem to have horrible luck hatching them. Later this fall, I plan to get some more rhodebar eggs and will sell any extra chicks. I just want one more rhodebar roo and several more hens and only need a couple more legbar hens from the current eggs in bator. Whatever I have extra that hatches, I will be sure to post here.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    For me it is a good thing you don't have any extra. I need to concentrate on getting my flock down to winter numbers and adding won't help that.

3. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Planning on being there--can't find my entry form. Do you know when the deadline is (or was? :))

4. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Hey guys, just went to the KY state fair and saw the bantam old English games. They are so stinking cute! I love the ones with the bright golden hackles, red wings, black chest, and the long green tails. Any one on here breed the tiny old English games?

5. bradselig

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Took some of the chicks outside today. 3 tolbunt polish, pair of legbars, and rhodebar pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really hope these get more brown in them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My favorite, the frizzled tolbunt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just because I think he's pretty, my Birchen Marans roo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. bradselig

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Went to the wolf's giant swap today. It was a very nice turn out. A little bit of everything. Almost came home with modern game bantams, but want more than just pairs (3 pairs total that I saw, would rather of had a roo and the three hens). Plus they were adult birds and I don't really have a place to quarantine adult birds right now. So many puppy mills there, quite sad.

Speaking of puppies, my puppy will be 2 this November. I've been thinking of getting another puppy this spring, preferably an Irish wolfhound. Well, I was asked to puppy sit for my sister and brother in law. They have a 12 week old lab/Newfie mix. Let me just say this is like puppy birth control for me lol. I think 3 dogs is plenty for me right now. Here the little stinker.
    [​IMG]

7. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    What a cute puppy, Brad--has to be really a temptation!

Love your frizzled tolbunt. Your others may develop more brown as they feather out more. My hen is almost a mille fleur pattern; maybe we could do some trading of youngsters to get more brown into your line and white into mine. My cock is fine with the white, but she didn't develop as much as I would like.

8. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Well, it's done! Save for a few spots that need repainting and moving the fence over to the pop door, of course. :)

ETA: It won't let me upload the other pictures for some reason, so I guess I'll try again later. :confused:

2 people like this.
  9. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    LLooking fantastic Pip. Good job.

10. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN

I love Wolfhounds. One of ours is half Wolfhound and half Bloodhound. She's a great dog. I'd get another Wolfhound in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by