INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I dont have anysussex at all. I did have a very nice SQ speckled pullet for about a week and a coyote got her, that was about a year ago. I havent seen anyone sell eggs on here. Maybe you will come across some one day

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I switched to goggle chrome because i was having problems with internet explorer, never had any problems from chrome until now.

4. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Its not until sunday afternoon, but I hope everone likes them. I love the alpacas also. They are so peaceful.

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I got pics to upload[​IMG], im still not sure why it wasnt working.

Heres some pics of a few of my girls, right before I put in their bedding.

My salmon favorelle, tuna
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 of the black cochins
    [​IMG]

the blue cochin
    [​IMG]

the other black cochin, she is really good at giving stink eyes, dont let her fool you she is the nicest cochin I have
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

one of the russian orloffs, i couldnt get full body pics because they wont hold still
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this pic makes my RC brown leghorn look weird lol
    [​IMG]

1 of the frizzles!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

fuzzy foot
    [​IMG]

6. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

7. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I had several guinea leave today, and met a very nice family! While we talked on the phone, I could hear a guinea hen calling just pitiful. They had a pair of guinea, and lost one to a hawk. Now the lonely guinea hen will have 14 new friends to join her! [​IMG] They are keeping the Guinea in the barn now until spring. We talked about guinea a lot, and I explained about the different sounds the hen and cock make. The boys waddles look terribly over-sized for their tiny heads. Bug control, love to eat grasshoppers, ticks, spiders, bees and really love ants. I did invite them to our thread also. [​IMG] They took home a (free) Lavender orp roo [​IMG] The wife was very impressed with one roo and snatched him right up. (my LOs are very social, perch and climb all over you) The boys are so handsome and sweet I just can't face the thought of processing them.
    Going to be more like august here next week, and have started freezing plastic pop bottles for the birds to keep them cool. What does everyone do to cool down your birds in hot weather? [​IMG]

OldSalt1945 aka John: DH is actually looking at our thread now, he wants to see your feeder! I can't find your post, please, please, please John, send me a pic or your post. [​IMG] I think the chicken disease has infected him. My wry neck EE Crook, our BR poult snoodles and my gander, Gee have become his favorite birds.
    Anyone else raising coturnix quail, I have someone asking for a breeding quad. what do you feel is fair price for the jumbo as adults?

8. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Pip - sorry to hear about you losing one of your flock, like many on here you seem to take alot of care and time to look after them. I am sure you can take some comfort knowing what had happened as opposed to waking up the next day to one who had passed without an explanation. Many hugs

9. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    With currently working dusk til dawn, or close too it. I have been a little neglectful of my wee birds. I am still watering, feeding and egg collecting but have not been enjoying chicken tv. It makes me feel bad about not being so sociable with them. Can I rent someone out to come and interact with them? I will pay them in eggs :D

Anyhoo, my sister is still in town and she informed me last night she heard a 'crowing' sound coming from my Cochin pen. As I have not been out there to hear I can not confirm that she really heard crowing, or if she heard a rather enthusiastic egg song.
    If there really was crowing I have no idea who it could be. I am getting two eggs from the coop, one on an almost daily schedule, the second is a recent addition so no egg schedule for that. The first egg is from Momma, the second I think may be from my d'Uccle owing to the fact she is the same age as Momma, recently red combed and the eggs was about an inch long. This leaves my three other Cochins for crowing culprits. Going to yet again post pictures and ask for a yes, no or whatever else you can offer.

10. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    thanks for the input about the chick prices. my roos are from different hatcheries, so they have different shades of buff. i just love the little yellow fluff balls when they hatch. too bad they grow up so fast. i'm trying to work more, to buy materials for a hoop coop. hoping to get it done this fall :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by