INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    [​IMG] Momma
    [​IMG] Sweetie
    [​IMG] Orange (pronounced the English way :D)
    [​IMG] Nameless at the moment
    [​IMG] Also nameless

So, in my opinion, I have all girls. The last photo is the only one who could be a rooster suspect, but at their age right now I would have seen some rooster activities with so many girls in the pen. I would have also thought I would have seen a larger comb and other physical signs.

2. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Sorry Pipd.

3. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Naturally this comes about after contacting someone regarding this 10 week blue

[​IMG]

Although looking at this little guy at 10 weeks makes me feel a whole lot better about mine not being boys.

4. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Those deviled eggs sure look good. Did everybody love them or what?

And, I laugh a bit to myself with every picture of the alpacas. I know it's not polite to do so, but with their long necks they look funny to me. They look like they'd be playful also!

5. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Is your sister chicken literate? Does she know a crow from an egg song? If she's your little sister you can tell her you know better then she does. If she's your bigger sister, and she's from across the pond, just tell her it's an American accent on the bird.

6. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Haha.. She is not familiar with chickens and she loathes the great outdoors. I think she may have been mistaken, but.. y'never know. I will tell her its their accents though :D

7. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    So who's coming over to my place for a backyard pagoda build? I can serve eggs for lunch, since nobody here has tasted fresh eggs before. Starting the floor today, it has to be off the ground a bit to clear the occasional flood our yard gets. Need a backyard place to avoid the dang mosquitos so we can have better chicken TV.

Going to build it with plans in my head, so there will naturally be some re-building as my plans usually have some initial failures. I tend to overbuild things also. Gotta make them strong enough to withstand a direct hit from a tornado!

1 person likes this.
  8. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    For everyone who is having some egg laying issues, mine too are lacking in the laying department.
    I have gone from 9 eggs off my big girls to 4, with one of those normally being broken, so technically 3. I see racing stripes on one of them and the others all look a little disheveled. With plenty of spare feathers in the coop to re-stuff my comforter with.
    This might be a good time to give a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the nest boxes.
    I am fortunate my others have started laying which has filled in the spaces for the missed eggs, when the girls start laying again I am going to have more eggs that I know what to do with.

9. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    I see I just surpassed your post count. I am 5 months newer to this place then you are, and don't believe I post that much. I last checked this site Friday evening and this morning their were 75 new posts! I skim a lot, but read for useful info. Does this make me a post whore? John may have something to say. I'll just tell him to put on his tinfoil hat if he does.

10. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Meh... We just started our 7 days a week schedule at the stand, whether I am open or not I am there 8:30 til 7pm ish. Seems there is always something that needs done. I would have loved to help. Although I would have passed on the eggs as I do not eat them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by