INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i dont know if anyone has talked to doug begore, but je is extremly nice and fun to talk to. At the state fair we talked at least an hour all together. It was nice to chicken talk in person with someone lol

1 person likes this.
  2. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    oooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!! tiny babies...I can not have another chicken...right now!!!

3. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    I should read all the posts THEN reply....I will definitely be at the chicken show!!! Would love to meet some of you all and talk chicken!!

4. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Monroe County fairgrounds.

5. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    So far behind on posts! And I see great pics that I want to comment on, but by the time I get to the end of the posts, I've forgotten which ones. [​IMG]

Question about the feedlot panels: In the past I've bought some at TSC and had them cut them for me to make smaller pens. Last fall I bought several used ones from a farmer, thinking I could do the same. I have the same size bolt cutter that TSC used but can't get through the wire. Any suggestions? Maybe it's just my poor upper body strength!

On attaching them, I use hog ringers. They hold up well and can be pried apart or cut when needed, and there aren't the sharp ends that could be there with wire. For a gate, the hog rings allow the panel to swing easily.

6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Well, my first time integrating a single bird into an established flock, and all is going well! Margaret is already one with the 'big girls'. :D I'm a happy chicken momma. Thank you so much, Brad, for this fluffy little darling!

[​IMG]

7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    what about sliding some pipe over each handle to get more leverage? If that doesnt work go with an angle grinder or dremel tool. Or even a hack saw?

thank you! So glad shes fit in so well. She definitely got a good home!

8. MrTattoohead

MrTattoohead Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Would chicken livers be ok?

9. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Anyone near Martinsville want to check out what kind of chicks they have for me?!? Pretty please :-D I think I'm going to make a trip Sunday to pick some up!

10. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    So how do you get there now?

I other words; "How Now Brown Cow"?

John

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by