INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    julie~ orsheln... sorry, mispelled. it's in seymour near JayC, dollar store, UPS store, Taco Bell... i live off 11 so it's handy for feed. and sometimes i just browse :)

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    she grew really fast but then slowed down. She's really not that big. About the size of my hens. My Pekin on the other hand is HUGE. Also, my ducks ate a TON as they were growing but slowed way down in that area too. I was panicking thinking how am I going to feed these eating machines? Ha. The Pekin started laying at around 18 weeks and the khaki around 20.

3. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    That's funny about the reunion. I just sent my dh to his alone but he spent the night at his mama's house [​IMG]. Not much danger there. Bella is actually the blue Ameraucana I got from LittleAmeraucanaMom. She is adorable and still trying to make a break for it. Today we had the ladder up next to the roofline and fence. I caught her on her way over. She didn't know I was on to her tricks. I will continue to support the needing a friend theory. I don't know about anyone else's chickens but mine are as cliqueish as high schoolers. The ones from old salt stick together. My original group is together. The AS babies are a group and the two bantams just hang around- separately.

Mt thumb doesn't hurt as much today but it still won't bend. I get to go have a tetanus shot in the morning. So excited about that [​IMG]. Hopefully there is no infection.

My icon buttons and formatting disappeared.

I'm sorry that you have to move for a sad reason. Good luck with your move. I moved out here almost 7 years ago with two dogs, two cats, and a giant u-haul from ca. Not the most fun trip but its always and adventure to remember. Hopefully you can come before or way after the snow does.

I really hope your appt goes well. I was so worried that our wobbly chicks had mareks and now they are fully recovered. I hope you and your Sesame get over this soon.

Congratulations on your pretty eggs!

Our neighbor repurposed a large wooden dog house for a coop. It has a wire front, axle with wheels and handles on the back with a mesh electric fence for a run. It's pretty cool for 4 hens.

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I'm glad to hear the eating slows down. I just sold one of my 3 girl ducks thinking of winter feeding costs. I really won't need more than 2 laying ducks since I don't plan to try and sell duck eggs.

5. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    yeah two ducks are plenty for eggs!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Well, I've had a lousy evening. :/ But I won't bog y'all down with that.

CRSelvey: I have 6 generations of birds plus some splurge additions in my chicken yard, and you wouldn't know which generation was which just by looking at them. They seem to be mostly a flock, though the youngest and the most meek kind of stay at the sidelines and out of everyone's way. I don't know how long you've had your birds, but maybe in a year or two you'll find them less cliqueish and more of a begrudging family unit. :)

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    They didnt have any :( But they are getting some the 16th. The lady said they could be in sooner, but that is the latest they will arrive. I was so disappointed and I only brought $40 so that I could buy that many. And the lady I talked to didnt know what breeds they were getting in. I was assuming that they were just going to get BR and crnish cross straight run, like some of the other stores did. ANd the reason they are getting chicks in fall now, is because the top 30 selling stores in indiana get the chanse to sell chicks during fall so that they can see how it goes. Nothing was on sale yet.

8. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN

Thanks Pipd! I hope tomorrow goes better for you.

9. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    If anyone is near Martinsville Rural King has ISA browns :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  10. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Wanted to post a few photos of the new chicken children.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I'm sure is full sfh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by