INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    You are so lucky to have a vet that has chickens of her own. That seems like its rare to me. She takes chickens personal then. I am very sorry to hear he had to be put down. Its sounds like it was better for him.

Awesome on the necropsy deal!

Deb

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    lol

3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I figure I will definitely be tossing some. So I'm sure it will be easier for her. I'm still torn about moving her to the barn into her own area, or leave her into the coop to hatch and brood the chicks.

4. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    The updated version of this joke is to ask the large SUV owner at the gas station, if they don't shut off the truck will the tank ever get full? I actually did this once, the owner didn't think it was too funny as the pump rolled over $100. I left in a cloud of tire smoke in my 28 MPG highway, 17 MPG city 350 horsepower Trans Am!

Also, remember when gas cost 20 cents/gallon? People were happy with 50 cents/hour for pay back then. So, if you now make $15/hour, $4/gallon is cheaper compared to the 20 cents/gallon back in the day.

And yes, this thread has really exploded the last 6 days. I am trying to keep up.....

I've seen this set of pictures before, and LOL then and did again today!

Here in Indy, there has been a rainfall debit the last 6 weeks, but I suspect it is all being diverted elsewhere due to John's rather large, state-wide tinfoil hat. We get enough dribbles thru it to keep it green enough, unlike last year where we there was a huge loss of pine trees in the county.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  5. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    beautiful girl kabhyper!! she looks like she'll be a great momma...too sweet!

6. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Can't wait to see her babies! Your video of her was super cute.

7. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    But won't these work if you put them on, then dispose of them on-site? And then on the next chicken site, put on another set of the cool blue things? Thrown them away at the place where you put them on.

8. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I just got mine planted two weeks ago. Yay I have plants, they are not very big, but they have broke though! Hopefully they will thrive. I think you may still have some time, worth a shot anyway.
    I would mark all that are in there, then candle as suggested, and pull the duds. Yes, I say that now. LOL I didn't mark my eggs at all, then I didn't close up her pen area, so there were more eggs than what I set. I only candled once, saw at least 8 were growing. Too dark on some of the shells though. So she kept them all. Then I marked the eggs, and started closing her penned area in the coop when she went outside. And finally pulled the eggs that didn't hatch. She ended up with 6 that hatched. I did make a small enclosure with 2x2's and hardware cloth. They are still in the coop with the rest of the layers. All is going well. Tomorrow I am making a separate pen outside in the yard so mama and babies will still be with the flock, but separated at the same time. When mamas ready to join the flock, I'll take down the pen. Hears hoping it works out like I want it to lol.

9. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    I really liked her- I'm glad I took him
    there. She's actually a breeder. I was going to ask her what kind she bred but I was too upset I forgot. She did tell me a story about one of her polish..... I don't know how this free necropsy thing came about. She did say they like to keep on top of what is going on in backyard flocks.

10. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Awesome. That's hilarious.

I'm pretty sure Kiniska is serious about bleaching your feet and wearing croc's. I wear the croc's all the time. I can wash them with dish soap and let them air dry. Very comfortable. Never have bleached my feet though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by