INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Here's a couple pics of vintage chicken glasses. Pretty funky, but reported to work well.
[/IMG]

Here's a couple pics of vintage chicken glasses. Pretty funky, but reported to work well.
[/URL]

The problem with those is the pins actually pierce through the chickens nostrils. Pinless peepers just clip on. Not sure I could do that. I put off using the pinless type because I thought I had the pecking stopped. Had to get pretty upset with the bully to finally use it but I'm glad I did now..

The problem with those is the pins actually pierce through the chickens nostrils.  Pinless peepers just clip on.  Not sure I could do that.  I put off using the pinless type because I thought I had the pecking stopped.  Had to get pretty upset with the bully to finally use it but I'm glad I did now..  

I thought they just clipped on over the beak. Ouch!

He is pretty! Even with the silly tail. :)

I have anxiety pretty bad, and if I sit outside and just watch them pick around and scratch, it is like meds. They are very therapeutic.
I have lawn chairs setting around the outside of the fence for neighbors to sit and watch the feathered varmits.
I sit on the inside and scatter scratch around me so they will surround me.

John

They keep your shoes from getting dirty. :lol: Poop free soles, until the cheap plastic tears. John
haha very true. I typically use crocs that I had when I worked at vets office but have been know to forget and go into work with chicken crap on my shoes.
I took pictures today of most of my chickens. The HRIR are fast so I think there are a few missing. Then the PRIR are now all rehomes so not really mine anymore. The BR is spoken for as well. Here is a link: http://s841.photobucket.com/user/Sallys_Red_Meadow/library/Chicken Pictures/2013 September Flock
i think this is the first time I've seen them. Very nice.
Mom and babies today. 3 weeks old this coming weekend. One Baby sfh out of the group. Hopefully female. Won't be keeping if not.
Growing up so fast!
Depends on the hatch. I keep and sell. It just depends on the bird if I have troubles. For a while there I practically couldn't give them away. Most of what I'm hatching now I'm planning to keep with the exception of quail. I'm working on filling my wait list right now.

I call foul! I have been getting one out of ten every two or three days. So mine get a talking to first.
wink.png

My DH keeps making freezer comments in front of the girls.
He should name them. Original Recipe 1, Original Recipe 2, Extra Crispy 1, etc. Maybe they will get the idea and make themselves too valuable to go that way.

John

Back
Top Bottom