INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Now that you mention it, maybe it was the reflection off the window off my tinfoil hat from the moon as I was driving.............naw, couldn't be.

Did you have a good view of the Persieds this last August? It was supposed to be a killer show. We tried, but Natalie (11) got freaked out by the deer in the cemetary we were in that night, at midinight. Kyle (8) thought it was cool, he kept telling his big sister it was really a zombie, not a deer.

2. Lora Indy

Lora Indy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2012

Oh, the dance moves[​IMG]
    First, he will see who he can stand next to & not get wacked in the head. Then it's who he can sunbathe,dust bathe,eat next to.Then on to tidbitting. Who will look at the pretty pebble he offers,the tasty grasshopper,the blade of grass?
    Mighty Mouse,Linus older brother by 2 weeks, put on a tremendous dance today! He is smitten with Annie, a dainty white silkie.Sadly, Annie is not only molty but also broody. She hustled out for a quick dust bath when he spotted her & went into full John Travolta mode!
    It scared her half to death,she screams and drops while he circles her wing down, head tipped just so burbling his love for her[​IMG]
    She found her chance and bolted for the pop door, screaming bloody murder, him in hot pursuit. She beat him to the nest boxes and barricaded herself in.

In other words, it's a middle school dance [​IMG]
    Lora

1 person likes this.
  3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    the separation serves other purposes besides the getting a new pecking order. If you have the space available next time, please look into the health benefits both to your flock and the new members of keeping new members in isolation.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    This may have already been asked, but I dont remember. What do you guys use to weigh your live chickens? I am trying to find a good scale to buy, to see if they are the approiate weight.

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I don't weigh my chickens but I do weigh out their food.
    I have this scale. It would need a cookie sheet to act as a larger standing area though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002U4OEDS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  6. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Wow I hope that's not right. A coop that size is good enough for maybe 3 bantams. Crowded, too.

Can you raise my window up? Or lower it down? Do you have a (hot) water heater? Or just a water heater? Oh how we humans talk, and the things we have to put up with. Don't make me go there too! Or how some would say, *to*. Why did you put that sentence there for? You better be convinced of the job you are taking on! This most definitely is not a situation that I have thought of; therefore, this behaviour (vicki) I will not put up with.
    wow at first glance, I thought you were saying that her dog ate your newspaper ololol.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ha, no lol. ALthough at least then I would of at least had the scraps of what used to be a paper lol

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
  9. Lora Indy

Lora Indy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2012
    I use a rapala digital fish scale. You can hang a basket or bag off it.It worked great for my last batch of meat birds. It weighs down in the ounces too.
    Lora

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    could you post a link, i dont know what website to get on for fish stuff lol. I dont fish a lot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by